Page 3 of 4
Dually Projects \  94 Crew cab dually build

94 Crew cab dually build

Dually Projects
views 12564
replies 32
following 9

g2teg2   +1y
Yeah the whole "kit" was from avs. It's was just essentially buying every part like the bags and compressor and stuff all together. Cut the price down a bit
luifer76   +1y
looking good bro.....
2low2c   +1y
How about some updates I'm getting ready to start on my 98 and need all the info I can get and your post has been awesome truck is looking great.
g2teg2   +1y
Sorry for the lack of updates in the thread. Ive have been real busy with my integra and with work so finding time to get on here and update the thread is tough. Anyways been getting alot of good progress on the dually. Finished up the suspension other then mounting my shocks.
Found a new bed that was in perfect condition from a guy on craigslist. The bed was repainted last year, and both fenders replaced which is perfect to start with a clean bed. So I welded in and did the body work on the rollpan which turned out great. Also welded in and did the body work on the stake pockets on the bed. Now i just need to build some inner fenders and coffin box for the C notch.
Also replaced the damaged section of the cab. Replaced the door with a good condition one, and started cutting out the damaged section of the cab and replaced the inner portion that was damaged as well. I have never tackled a project quite like this and I was a little nervous starting it, but fortunately it turned out great and the gaps look good.
Also got the air system finished up. I have taken it for a couple drives not too far just to check how everything is working and found a few issues with the air system. One issue was my air tank is too big for the compressor so it takes quite a while to pump up, so I either need to get a second compressor to help out so i dont burn out my compressor, or get a smaller tank. Second issue is since I'm running one up and down valve for the back and one up and down valve for the front and have the air lines T off to the bags I'm getting some bag sway pretty bad. So im going to end up redoing the valve system and run an up and down valve for each back to help eliminate the bag sway I have been having. So I have been tying up all the loose ends on the truck, reassembling everything, and getting it running reliable and everything 100%. Also finally decided I am going to paint the truck the same color as my car to have them match and show them both together.
Post was last edited on Jul 27, 2015 10:07. This post has been edited 1 times.
g2teg2   +1y
here is the pictures of the updated work
post photo
post photo
post photo
g2teg2   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
g2teg2   +1y
more photos