Dually Projects \  94 Crew cab dually build

94 Crew cab dually build

Dually Projects
views 12544
replies 32
following 9

g2teg2   +1y
Thanks man!

Today got a little bit of work done on the front fenders. Mocked up the fender flares the drilled the holes to install them.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Went and bought a bodysaw since I didnt think a die grinder would be very good to use. Trimmed the inner fenders out to clear the tires, then I cut out the inner edges of the fender flares.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Here is the clearance on the inner side of the fender
thread post photo

thread post photo

And here is what it looks from the outside, There is so much extra clearance when I'm laid out which is perfect, and plenty of room at ride height as well.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Then later in the evening I put my front tires back on to see how they look. Now the rear tires are 225/75/15 and the front that were on the truck when I bought it where 225/65/15. I mocked the suspension and trimmed everything out for the 225/75/15's because I do like the look of them, but I threw the fronts on tonight to see how they look and they actually look better then I expected.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Tomorrow if the weather lets up and this storm goes away then I'm going to work on notching the frame for the tie rods and work on setting up the sway bar as well.
pro53   +1y
looking good, I like the ideal of cutting the front cups out and sliding the bag mount In there
luifer76   +1y
great progress bro, looking really good and very nice clean work keep it up!
g2teg2   +1y
So I have been doing some work on the truck alot like usual, been picking up small pieces to finish up my suspension and air system.
I went and cleaned up my gas tank and gave it a fresh respray of grey I thought would look good.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Last week I picked up my bushings, heims, and everything needed for my watts link setup. So my brother helped me out figure out a great setup for the watts link. So went and got some tubing and went to work on the watts link. I think the setup turned out perfectly.
This is at ride height
thread post photo

thread post photo

This is the suspension laid out
thread post photo

I found a great deal on a weatherguard tool box, I'm going to be housing my compressor, air tank, valves and all my parts in there.
thread post photo

Gave my air tank a fresh coat of paint with some clear as well
thread post photo

I also went and sprayed some color on my link bars and watts link bars as well, the color I chose was something to commemorate my Acura which was jasper green metallic, I had a pint of paint left over so I got to painting them, I think they turned out great and really make the rear part of the paint pop. I also made up some gussets for the main brackets for the four link to give it some strength. And I also painted the frame as well so the rear end is pretty much done just need to finish the brake lines and mount my shocks.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
airsick   +1y
Some nice updates on this rig. The DA is mighty clean also.
luifer76   +1y
nice work bro, looks good!
jsheskins   +1y
Nice!!!!
g2teg2   +1y
Couple small updates on the truck, been working away with the tool box setup, got all the valves, compressor, tank mounted. Still need to mount the battery box and wire everything in but that's not much.
thread post photo

Also I worked on bending all my brake line and flaring them, got all that installed with a flex line from the cross bar on the c notch to the axle with plenty of travel. And cycled the suspension last night with the bags and a quick T setup to the bags
thread post photo
I'll get some more pictures of everything tonight while I'm working on it.
dajizz   +1y
Great progress man!
ruffrida2005   +1y
Sweet looking set up. Did you order all your link set up from AVS?