Page 4 of 4
Dually Projects \  My 86 c30 project

My 86 c30 project

Dually Projects
views 5989
replies 39
following 6

bayouself   +1y
Hope I'm not overloading everyone with pics ..but I figure they may be helpful to someone looking to do the same ..not that I know what I'm doing but I manage..
layedoutc3500   +1y
Probably a dumb question but did you leave the metal spacers in with the fiberglass or did you remove them before adding the resin also dumb question number 2 how hard was it to extend the fenders & approx how much time invested
bayouself   +1y
No question is a dumb question man....and yes I removed the metal supports on the inside after I finished the glass work on the outside ..The screws were cut down and I grinder them in when I beveled it on the top ....I widened them 2 and 1/4 inches ..less is better if u ask me ...and no I would have to say at least a full 40 or so hours so far and I'm not done with them ..I'm done with the glass work but not body work ..but I have never done this before so it can be done faster by a person with knowledge of doing it before it's pretty time consuming but I only have about 150 invested in it and the ones u can buy are right at 1000 so I figured I'd save that for other things needed on the truck
layedoutc3500   +1y
Thx for the info I have never done it before either lol just looking into how long it would take also my fenders r alright cracked so thats going to add to the body work just gotta wait til its gets warm again I'm not a big fan of cold weather & dont have a shop to bring it indoors is it difficult using fiberglass mat ive only used the fiberglass bondo never the mat before
layedoutc3500   +1y
Also sorry for all the questions but what would be the best plate to use to hold the fender open & also where in the fender should I cut its a 98 but still the same principle
bayouself   +1y
The Mat is alot thicker it looks like interlocking stands kinda like a wicker basket it doesn't do sharp bends takes up.more resin but is extremely stronger than the light strand stuff it's great for build up not finishing ..I cut mine right as the stud pockets end in the fender itself about 3 inches from were it meets the bed I'm not sure how or were to cut a.newer one
bayouself   +1y
Ohh and if u look around on here there are guys doing thay body that have a build thread that might help ..I have seen guys use everything from 18 ga sheet metal to license plates so.any thing that will hold the shape will do I guess
luifer76   +1y
nice job man, fenders look great!
bayouself   +1y
Thanks luifer76 first time so hope it holds up