Page 2 of 4
Dually Projects \  My 86 c30 project

My 86 c30 project

Dually Projects
views 5990
replies 39
following 6

bayouself   +1y
Pulled the seats and did the sound heat deadening on the floor and up fire wall and rear wall also whille I.was in there I ran all my wires through the cab instead of under it then out the back floor inside the frame rails I put down new insulation or jute....think that's the correct name and put in two bench seats I found at a pull a part...can't seem to find a rear bunch seat for a crew cab so I don't know how the brackets are made ...I just made somthing work till I find a better solution. I ran a dedicated fuse block for all the compressors and air ride electronics under the dash since there is nothing under there anymore .I plan on putting in a vintage ac kit don't really need heater in new orleans but ac is a must .
bayouself   +1y
First test drive to test rear different and trans ...all worked ok fuel pump died after 30 min of running so I'll pick up a new pump filter and regulator just to be safe
bayouself   +1y
Made it to my first show ..scrapin the coast. Still got alot to do to it but it drove great definently need bigger wheels and tires rpm is way to high at 70 mph in the interstate but rides smooth and handles great .turning could be better but it's a big ass truck so I know it won't turn on a dime ..still ha e a problem with the front wheels tow out when raising it up passed ride hight it's got to be somthing with the position of the rack and pinion tie rod or hiems joint location ...If any body has any ideas your welcome to comment right not the hiems joints are on the bottom of the steering knuckle and don't know if I should put them on the top seems it would only are it worse but Im not sure ..so if anyone is running a porterbuilt front drop member stage 3 with rack and pinion steering and hiems joints on one of these tell me if this is normal or not
bluex   +1y
Wheels look good I want a set myself. Do you still have the center caps an trim rings from the 16's? Interested in selling them?
bayouself   +1y
Yes I still have the wheels centers and trim rings think I actually have 3 extra plus the 6 I pulled off all have tires how many do u need??
bluex   +1y
My wheels an tires are good but I have some old simulators that make a lot of racket. I was wanting to paint my wheels silver an run trim rings an caps just like you had on yours. So I just need the 4 trim rings an 2 front caps 2 rear caps an the black lug nut covers that hold them on if you're willing to separate from the wheels.