Page 1 of 4
Dually Projects \  My 86 c30 project

My 86 c30 project

Dually Projects
views 5974
replies 39
following 6

bayouself   +1y
Hello from down south new orleans ..I'm new to duallys but not to truck scene ....I picked up this 86 c30 out of Tennessee it look like it was a project that got forgotten about but had a great start here are some pictures from when I got it..I will post more with comments as I go it's been about a year since I got it and progress has been slow but moving along ....
post photo
post photo
bayouself   +1y
]
post photo
post photo
bayouself   +1y
So I checked the engine it's a 90 model 454 tthe had tbi ..but now has carberator pulled valve covers all looked clean wired it up and ran fuel to it ..and it started ..it's way off on timing but runs oil pressure is good has some leaks and is pretty funny looking but it runs ..I found out the engine has a big lean to the rear partly due to.the porterbuilt crossmember but because the trans hump isn't raised to get the trans up high enough for the right drive line angle ..only took about 1.5 Inches and now that is good mounted up a hanger bearing location and installed the drive shaft and set up pinion and drive line angle to see if the trans pulls and if the rear end is ok ..all works good ..it's leaking from intake manifold and the trans has no cooler lines ..I looped them just to check and the trans works good ..at least pulls in d and r ...made all new brake lines and engine wire harness ..well its only like 5 wires but oh well lol .
bayouself   +1y
Plumbed all the air ride with stainless tubing .used 1/4 in the rear and 3/8 on the front then started making my engine driven compressor mount