Page 19 of 20
Dually Projects \  The Fat Girl 86', C30, 3+3, dually, bagged, SFBDed on 22.5"s

The Fat Girl 86', C30, 3+3, dually, bagged, SFBDed on 22.5"s

Dually Projects
views 78172
replies 193
following 33

john-e bravada   +1y
Well it was a slow month... I should say I've been lazy for the last month and I haven't worked on the truck at all. Last week I finally got motivated and I finished welding the trans tunnel from and mixed up some home made lizard skin. After three coats I put the motor and trans back in.

thread post photo

thread post photo

It's a 50/50 mix of this stuff shot thru an undercoating gun.

thread post photo
leedogg   +1y
just read this entire thread- nice work!
john-e bravada   +1y
Thanks, I need to keep the progress going.

Oh and once I started driving it again the stack started bothering me again so I angle cut it.
thread post photo
ghostwhite   +1y
Any updates on this rig? I am getting ready to attack mine so I'm going back and reading most of the cummins build threads.

Yours is a great build.
john-e bravada   +1y
Thanks, no, no updates. She's been parked inside for the winter. I need to address some brake issues before I can get her out. I was going to work on the interior this winter but never got started. I did find a headliner last weekend. Now I just have to figure out how to get a CC headliner out.....?
watahyahknow   +1y
in the factory they usually put the headliner in before mounting the front window just slot it through the hole and lift it in place
(wear rubber gloves against staining )
since you prolly have to pull the headlinerfabric tight and gleu it under the windowrubber anyway that might be the best idea for you as whell
ghostwhite   +1y
Must be a donor headliner? I have been wondering about this as well, my headliner is flaking out in strips of fabric and foam and definitely needs to go.
ghostwhite   +1y
Are you happy with your rear end width compared to the fenders? I'm trying to figure out what i want to do out back. I have a SRW 14b FF so i can either try to use that or slap the 14B dually hubs on it and be the same width as you. Im running 4 semis out back and dont want to widen the fenders.

So much conflicted info out there on widths, I've seen a dually rear shortened 9" and it set the wheels in too far, further than yours appears to sit but dont know if it was a D70 or 14B.
john-e bravada   +1y
Sorry guys not much progress. I hope to get to the interior this winter...but I said that last winter:)

I managed to bend the headliner enough to get it in and I haven't had it out since. It's on the list to be recovered this winter so it will have to come out one way or another.

I wish my CC 14b was a little wider to fit the fenders better but with the slope of the top of the fenders I don't know how much wider I could go. CCs work great on square bodies.
john-e bravada   +1y
Well it's been a while since I updated this. I pulled off my P-pump swap this spring. I built a 98' P-pumped twin turbo and supercharged motor for it. The list of mods to the engine is long so I'll try and keep it short; billet oils squirters, billet freeze plugs, coolant bypass, billet lifter valley cover, KDP, o-ringed, ARB studs, 151 delivery valves, 5x14 nozzles, 1/2" fuel lines, lift pump spring, external fuel pressure regulator, dual feed, fuel pressure accumulator, hybrid HX35/40 and a HT3B, Eaton M90 super with a 2.5" pulley, dual feed intake/w billet intake plate. I think that's it. I'm making 70+psi. I need to get a 100psi gauge in to be sure. I have a 7.3L SD intercooler to go in as well. I now have no hope of running a hood!
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Jul 25, 2016 10:07. This post has been edited 1 times.