Page 2 of 2
Dually Engine \  Engine build time...

Engine build time...

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1779
replies 19
following 8

watahyahknow   +1y
seems like a good choice , a fuelinjectionsystem might give you better milage and better smog , it been a while ago but i believe edelbrock made those setups too they even burn the eprom for yah you need to fill in a form thatcomes with the kit with wat you done to the engine and the eprom gets send afterwarths to youre adress you just need to put it in the management box.
it will be harder to repair on the side of the road though but will hold its tune better once its correct
pig rig   +1y
you want spects on mine
jcampbell1180   +1y
Send 'em.

...and yeah the heads are $899 each @ Jeg's, so I think I'm gonna pass for now.
hangslo   +1y
A performer RPM kit would be the ticket. I have had both Edelbrock carbs and Holleys. For the street only where low end torque is important, I would pick the Edelbrock. I had a 95 Xtra cab with a mild 350 that ran mid 14's at the strip and got 18 mpg highway/13-14 mpg around town with the Edelbrock carb. I also had a Holley carb on it and it was much stronger and faster, but the mileage sucked, and with a box stock Holley, there are only so many adjustments that can be made.

You can adjust a Holley to get good power and mileage as well, but you have to buy one with adjustable circuits and it is not a cheap carb. The primaries on the Edelbrock are smaller than the secondaries and this helps with mileage and part throttle low end torque compared to the Holley's squarebore design.

With that combo, it should be a nice driver with good power, too.
skidrow   +1y
look on ebay dude i found a set for 800 buxs
skidrow   +1y
allso pull a valve cover and give me the casting ### you could have the good head allready 049 or 781s

i have 049s on my dually and got 700 hp with them on the dino
manimal   +1y
I still think you should build a 496 w/ 049's.
-Lance
skidrow   +1y
im thinking he had o49s on his 454 it the right year
jcampbell1180   +1y
Yeah...I havn't looked yet.
skidrow   +1y
the 049 are the best stock ovel port heads

port patch maybe clean up the valve bouls

and a good 3 angel valve job shit campy fly me down ill build it for me feed me ill sleep with the dog im good hehehhehe

i have famaly in comton hehhehe