Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  Engine build time...

Engine build time...

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1778
replies 19
following 8

jcampbell1180   +1y
I’m gearing up to do some engine work on the dually and I would like to get a few opinions.

Basically, I want something hotter than your average one ton 454, but still perform reliably “as a truckâ€
rhmdually   +1y
well i personally wouldnt buy an edelbrock carb. had nothing but problems out of my freinds. and ive heard alot of similar stories. holley carbs all the way! you should be happy with a cam/intake/carb swap. i have a few more things done to mine but im getting 12 mpg. you may be able to get 15 mpgs. ill be intersted to see if you do.
skidrow   +1y
well im on the other end i like the edelbroke carbs for street driving
thar thunder carbs work good the kits thay sell you would like .

i would get the prformer rpm air gap
and matching cam

you should get 400+ hp out of it

i did that with my 1st dually and loved it now if you want a monster let me know hehehheeh

go to compcams thay have a prog that helps you pic your cam and tells you you hp and touque
skidrow   +1y
oo and campy this is the moter you realy want

you know thats realywhat you want you just dont have the guts

love ya man erik
jcampbell1180   +1y

Hey you said something about the Demon carbs and better fuel mileage. What's the deal with that?
skidrow   +1y
not beter less and more power
skidrow   +1y
butwe will see ill have a carb laying around after i put the deamon on
huskerdually   +1y
Well when I got my dually my idea was to build a fairly high compression engine that would run on e85. It's octane is close to 105. You could just run an alcohol carb. At the time I could get e85 at several stations around me, I don't know how it would work for you. And it was typically .50 to .75 cents cheaper than gas. But as of late a few of the stations around here have been taking out their e85 pumps, so I don't know if the network is growing or shrinking at this time. My thought was you could build a pretty good motor and actually buy cheaper gas. But I'm not sure how e85 is in your area.

You can use that link to find if there are any e85 stations in your area.

Also in theory it should have lower emissions.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Actually, after reading into it a bit, it seems like one of those Edelbrock kits for a big block will work like a charm.

skidrow   +1y
ya it will you will like it get the heads allso and you will be super happy