Page 1 of 6
Dually Engine \  6v53 Detroit

6v53 Detroit

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 7933
replies 55
following 13

jcampbell1180   +1y
I don't even know why I'm bothering posting this here. None of you Post-whoring regulars will be able to help me. My only hope is that some lurker with diesel background will see this and speak up...

I recently came up on a few Detroit 6V53's that were pulled out of some equipment at work as the result of a re-power. They're mine if I want them. I was thinking about re-powering the '77 with one of these units. Nothing serious, just thought it would be a fun novelty that would beat the pants off the fuel mileage of my 454. My Dad has an '86 C30 (Yup. Just bought it. Super clean. I'll post pics later.) he was thinking about re powering as well, but he wants the power for towing his 5th wheel.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for info on these swaps? Anything I need to know? Anyone been there, done that before that would like to impart some knowledge?

Tranny tips/advice? We both would love to ditch our 400s for 6-speed manuals.

Drag? You've been hanging out with the diesel boys lately...
huskerdually   +1y

I'm hurt. I know the answers but since you were so rude about it I'm not going to tell you.
okcderek   +1y

........nice.
okcderek   +1y
..See what happens when your rude Campy. Tisk tisk, should have been more polite and Husk would have helped ya.
jcampbell1180   +1y
I don't care. I'll put a Bennie down that you two still don't know the answers. Cause if you did, you'd show me up and tell me, not just be all butt-hurt and cry about it.
lowbudgethauler   +1y
I have a lot of information at work about Cummins repowers, I've found a couple forums and shops that deal with them. If anyone would know what direction to go with your repower, they should.

What did your engines come out of?

What are the apecs on your engines? (configuration,power,ect)
huskerdually   +1y

Who's crying?
okcderek   +1y

...your reverse psychology to try to get me to tell ya the answer wont work on me.
jcampbell1180   +1y
Fags.
okcderek   +1y
Name calling wont help either.