Page 1 of 3
Dually Engine \  Whats YOUR mpg?

Whats YOUR mpg?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 3284
replies 26
following 16

zach5150   +1y
So, i got the green light on buyign a dually today officially (and finally!!) so im gonna buy one and drive it two or three days a week.....until i get school paid off..then its going under the plasma cutter and welder starting hopefully janurary. So my question is, what is the year of your QUAD CAB dually...and what motor and mpg do you get? I have looked at 350...454's and diesel 6 speeds...give me some numbers!
ec_dually   +1y
i have a 2000 crew cab dually with a 454 and i get around 14-15 in mine empty nad pulling my dime i get around 11-12
krewzlo   +1y
^^^lucky^^^

Same as mine, best I have ever gotten was 14 on the freeway unloaded, loaded 6-10 depending on trailer size.

I rate mine by npgs instead of mpg

(Never pass gas station)
liljlowrider   +1y
2000 with a 5 speed 454 and i get about 13 in the city and about 15 on the highway but thats cruising about 75 to80 mph
zach5150   +1y
hmm 454s are not to bad..and what do diesels throw out?
pig rig   +1y
now that Ive got all the bugs worked out on my new engine I'm going to put some miles on it and see if I can get 14-15 mpg out of it. with the old engine it got 10 in town, freeway, towing ,empty or just setting still it was all the same
krewzlo   +1y
I don't think the 350's get any better mileage since they have to work harder to keep up. Especially towing they are dogs compared to the big block
souf star   +1y
I have a 96 454 I get about 11-14 all the time with or without a 32' box trailer loaded with my busa in the bed for a second I thought something was wrong with my truck (guess it does pretty good) but a buddy of mine has a 97 with the 6.5 and he gets 22mpg in town and about 24 highway (MT)=empty and no less than 19 loaded I wish I had the new duramax diesel in my dually a few guys say they get put to 28 mpg.

btw I have a few bolt-ons not so sure if any of this crap does any good but it sure sounds kool
headers
full 3" exhaust no cat(keep that on the low)
accel full ignition system
k&n on a short ram intake(isolated from engine bay)
tb spacer (does no good)
dual electric fans
superchips programmer
dragnasty   +1y

BOOOOOO!!!!! My small blaock in TowNasty got double the mileage of the 454 that was in it when I bought it!

My 6.5L Diesel gets 16-17 highway empty, 13mpg around town, and 11 towing. I think I have a heavy foot though......
low95xlt   +1y
^^^ u think u have a heavy foot hahaha