Page 1 of 2
Dually Engine \  Trouble starting.....?

Trouble starting.....?

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 1956
replies 15
following 7

okcderek   +1y
Maybe you guys can tell me whats the problem. Occasionally, mainly when it is hot out it seems......I go to start my dually and it keeps turning over and after a couple tries it finally fires. I put new plugs and wires on last week and it still does it. It doesnt do it all the time just everyonce in a while. When I drive it, it acts fine....no problems at all. Only when its been sitting in my driveway for a while and I go to start it does it give me problems. I am going tommorrow to get a new fuel filter for it.
okcderek   +1y
And wtf is this .......

...apparently the guy that owned it before me broke the fitting off the top of it, and decided to use glue or RTV or something to hold it together....well it didnt work to well and it looks like crap. I would look into a new one if I new what the hell it even is.
low95xlt   +1y
possibley your fuel pump?
okcderek   +1y
low95xlt   +1y
charcoal canister maybe?
pig rig   +1y
hell whats the white stuff all over the valve covers

you sicko
watahyahknow   +1y
maybe its vapor lock the gas inside the line is turning to gas making bubbles in the line gasing the engine to momentairily run too lean , a quick fix (when running in the mountans ) is too cool the line with water or ice .
a more permanent solution would be to route the line away from heatsources like exaust get more air under the hood and isolating the line
okcderek   +1y
Well I took it to a mechanic that is next door to Jakes shop thats bagging my truck. He said it was the starter getting hot and causing my trouble w/ starting.........I was like cool, put a new starter on it while its already next door at Jakes. Put starter in last friday and it sat in the guys shop all weekend while Jake went to RA Allstar show. Jake went to move it to his shop tuesday and now the volt meter on the dash is reading like 10 volts....was reading just fine when Jake had the truck before the new starter. Mechanic says I must have an alternator going bad or is bad and tell Jake he will gladly put a new one in for me.( I am sure he would.... ) I am starting to maybe smell a crook here...? Never heard of a new starter causing your truck to have a problem charging, have any of you? What do some of you think...seeing as you are fellow dually owners...I like to here your opinion on the matter.
huskerdually   +1y
I would check some of the connections. I don't know how those new fangled trucks are but the older ones all the voltage runs through the starter connection, so maybe something is loose or not hooked up right.

Or maybe you have bad luck, and your alternator and starter went out about the same time. That sounds like something that would happen to me.

Or maybe he is a crook.
lockone   +1y
Voltage regulator????