Page 2 of 4
Dually Engine \  changing the rear end gear in my 77 dually

changing the rear end gear in my 77 dually

Dually Engine Dually Tech
views 7536
replies 37
following 9

lester622   +1y
wait until pg 6 then u might if ur lucky get an answer..............

haha but it depends on wat u gonna do wit it wat size gear u want if u gonna pull stuff are just want a little power in lower rpms go with the 3:73 if u wanna just get on the highway and run 80-90 mph go wit the 3:42, i would go with the 3:73 but its ur truck so u decide
balcar   +1y
shut up lester! we are not on page 6 yet!
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
alright! thanks lester....lol i dont realy want to pull anything , so the 3.42 sounds like what i need.....i wouldnt know what to do if my truck went 80 ive never got it over 60 without the engine sounding like its going to blow....lol ...thanks!
dragnasty   +1y
i recomend the 3.73......the 3.42 is gonna be a really high gear for that heavy of a truck. You will actually burn more fuel with a 3.42 because the motor is gonna have to work harder to get up to speed.....
sparkys-crewcab   +1y
hey dragnasty......if i have a 10 bolt rear end what size ring gear do i have? i see there are a few diferent sizes, and im not sure how to tell ....thanks
pig rig   +1y
the ten bolt is a 8 1/2 ring gear

why do you have such a small weak rear end
lester622   +1y
you got a 10 bolt in a dually?
pig rig   +1y
here this might help

well hell that didn't work. lets try this

them sob won't get me I've got a new plan
pig rig   +1y
ok I've got it now
dragnasty   +1y
WRONG!!!!!! Mine has a 10 bolt. But its a DANA 80 One of the largest rearends they make. Same as a 14 bolt but it has 10. Theres a good chance that yours will be the DANA 80 also.