Page 2 of 6
Build-Ups \  Used SuperCharger Install F150 5.4 3v

Used SuperCharger Install F150 5.4 3v

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 8261
replies 55
following 1

baha   +1y
New aluminum intake manifold with inter cooler.
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
I really liked the gauge pod that was used with the Foose, Harley and Saleen F150s, so I picked one up to integrate with the Whipple Kit.
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on May 29, 2017 05:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
baha   +1y
And finally, the Super Charger!
post photo
Post was last edited on May 29, 2017 05:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
baha   +1y
The kit didn't include the tuner but I was ok with that, I've always wanted to learn how to tune engines anyway. I picked up a HP Tuners and also a book from The Tuning School.

Going this route, I can perform additional tuning myself and also tune other vehicles.

Here are some pictures, the last two are of me just backing up the existing file in preparation for installing the super charger.
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
It was finally time to begin the install! Having a friend help during the install definitely helps a lot but it's not required. My good friend Joshua helped me get a lot done, there are over 100 steps in the instructions! If you are doing this, plan to give your self some extra time in case you need to order parts. One of the parts I had to order was an upper radiator hose for a Ford F150 Lightning. As you can imagine, my local auto parts store didn't keep those in stock.
baha   +1y
Before starting
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
more photos
post photo
baha   +1y
Start by disconnecting the ground cable of the battery.

Next, to drain the radiator
1. Unscrew the radiator reservoir cap
2. Do yourself a favor and run a hose from the drain cock to a five gallon bucket
3. Slide an additional catch pan underneath the work area
4. Then open the radiator drain cock by using a 19mm socket.
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
Next remove the factory intake tube, weird looking, isn't it?
post photo