Page 1 of 6
Build-Ups \  Used SuperCharger Install F150 5.4 3v

Used SuperCharger Install F150 5.4 3v

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 8276
replies 55
following 1

baha   +1y
Just a brief intro to this project, I think just about every one goes through a phase in which they want a sports car. You can only drive around an economy car for so long right? Maybe it's just an ego thing.

Well in going through my sports car phase, I probably didn't choose the best one but it was still a fun car to drive, a 2004 Mazda RX8.

I knew it wasn't the quickest car out there but felt disappointed when I took it to the drag strip anyway. I know it was mostly due to my inexperience but the best of my two passes was only in the 16s. The car was also a rare find to me, a 2004 RX8 with under 60k miles, in 2014. I was always too afraid of messing it up, I needed something I could have fun in and not always worry about a scratch.
post photo
Post was last edited on May 29, 2017 04:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
baha   +1y
That leaves me to this project, I was originally searching for a Lightning but couldn't pass up the utility of having a crew cab. I looked at a Foose Edition and also Harley Edition but felt I could get more for my money by adding a supercharger myself.
post photo
baha   +1y
I decided on a used Super Charger for two main reasons:

1. To save lots of money! I probably paid half of what a new kit would cost.
2. Arrogance! I've done enough projects to assume I would be able to work through any obstacle in using a used kit vs new.

I ended up going with the Whipple Supercharger kit for the 5.4 3v F150. In doing research, it seemed to be widely used so I felt I should be able to track down any information needed if I got stuck. It also seemed like it was easy to locate additional pulleys so I can increase the boost later on.
Post was last edited on May 29, 2017 04:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
baha   +1y
After a couple months of searching, I was able to locate a pretty complete looking kit. The owner even had a copy of the instructions! From what I'm told, I'm actually the third owner of this kit but the second owner never got a chance to install it.

I actually had the kit for a few months before I got around to installing it, this truck is my daily driver and my backup vehicles needed some work along with the house yada yada yada.
baha   +1y
On to pictures of the parts!

It came with used spark plugs and injectors. The included injectors have 4 holes in the tip instead of 2 with the factory injectors. I was unable to identify the weight of the included injectors, Whipple said factory injectors are ok for the 2007 model year so I decided to use the factory injectors for now.
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
more photos
post photo
baha   +1y
New intake, filter, and inter cooler reservoir tank!
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
Misc. hoses and inter cooler heat exchanger.
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
More hoses etc
post photo
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
more photos
post photo