Page 2 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  What is this component

What is this component

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1515
replies 19
following 3

sincitylocal   +1y
It's a switch that tells the computer when the throttle is closed. I believe it's used in conjunction with the clutch switch and some detent switches in the transmission, to adjust idle speed when in gear, and the clutch is engaged.
Rich   +1y
What should the position be? It used to have a plastic washer that I guess disintegrated. How do I make sure it is sitting correctly? Also. This is am automatic.
sincitylocal   +1y
It should make contact with the throttle cam when idling. It isn't used to adjust idle, so don't adjust it in too far.
Rich   +1y
Thanks.
Rich   +1y
Is there a part number? Or actually Name for it? The wire broke off at the entrance of the sensor. I splices together. Wondering what it is call. The parts guys around here can not find a listing for it
Rich   +1y
I can not find it. They have a picture of it there is no part number. Any help is appreciated?
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
What you are needing is an "idle stop switch." That part tells the computer that your foot is off the gas. It comes as part of the throttle body and the reason there isn't a part number or a name on the parts diagram is because it isn't available unless you buy the whole throttle body, which looks like it isn't available either . Time to visit the parts yard if it's broken.
Post was last edited on Jul 14, 2016 09:07. This post has been edited 1 times.
Rich   +1y
Yeah for me! Thanks.