threads
Page 7 of 7
Mazda 2.2L \  A/C Evap Lines & Compressor Side Lines B2200 (Needed)??

A/C Evap Lines & Compressor Side Lines B2200 (Needed)??

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 8111
replies 64
following 3

Cusser   +1y
Your AC system and engine look GREAT. I like the hose clamp on the evaporator's condensate drain, I have that on mine.
customkev89   +1y
thanks for the comments cusser...unfortunately i have some really disappointing news well pulled vacuum filled system with r12.......compressor is intermittent wont stay on so mechanic friend told me it looked like there is a blockage in the system he thinks bad expansion valve said hes sees bad ones all the time, pulls vacuum on low side but at this point i think im just going to convert to r134a i cant afford to discharge r12 and refill to have something else possibly go wrong, good thing is when i put the system together i used r12 or r134a compatible o-rings so just have to remove mineral oil...dang and i was feeling really good about it working to! weird thing is i remember u telling me about the newer reversed expansion valves i wonder if that had anything to do with it? oh well back to the drawing board,..im not giving up yet!
Cusser   +1y
Don't give up. Why can't this mechanic friend recover the R-12 and then add that back after such expansion valve replacement? Possible that new expansion valve is bad, I'm till using my original one.
customkev89   +1y
completely forgot to update, found a local place to reclaim the r12!, changed expansion valve, and Bam! she's blowing frosty cold air! alot of thanks to cusser, and some local friends, couldnt have done it without them thanks fellas, now on to the next project!