threads
Page 3 of 7
Mazda 2.2L \  A/C Evap Lines & Compressor Side Lines B2200 (Needed)??

A/C Evap Lines & Compressor Side Lines B2200 (Needed)??

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 8102
replies 64
following 3

customkev89   +1y
few more views of the back of the 708 compressor & cut lines, yep Sincity, some young kiddo cut them unfortunately! and now Im trying to locate some uncut ones to complete my ac system
post photo
post photo
post photo
sincitylocal   +1y
Just find a local AC shop and have some new hoses crimped on. It's really a simple thing.
customkev89   +1y
I wouldn't trust recrimp's looks like they are made to be crimped 1 time only, I should be able to find some
sincitylocal   +1y
No, no, no... they cut the end of the tube off, and weld on new crimp fittings. You just need to have hose lengths when you go.
Cusser   +1y
"No, no, no... they cut the end of the tube off, and weld on new crimp fittings. You just need to have hose lengths when you go"

Actually, this is the best idea; I had a local shop weld on a new hose barb on my B2200 high-pressure line and re-crimp the hose, and the leak was gone. The original hose barb is not meant to be re-used. Try a local AC shop or machine shop, or even ACkits.com or acsource.net in Phoenix if no one local does this (which I doubt).
customkev89   +1y
Oh ok I get what you're talking about now, I live in a rural area and not sure if that is available around here, but I'm not too far from Dallas might call a few places there and see if it is a affordable route to go
Cusser   +1y
Yes, call a real auto AC shop in Dallas, or the better machine shops. These places also make power steering hoses, custom stuff. At last resort call Gas Monkey Garage and ask which place they would use.
Cusser   +1y
"At last resort call Gas Monkey Garage and ask which place they would use."

On Fast & Loud (Discovery Channel), I haven't yet seen the Gas Monkey guys tackle a B2200. Who knows - if Richard Rawlings or Aaron are interested enough to use your truck as a makeover for a show, maybe they'd customize yours at no charge, don't know exactly how that show works.
customkev89   +1y
Haha right that would be nice! not my style though.... if i can build,fab or repair it i just tackle it myself (pic of other truck im working on), but i have actually been to gas monkeys bar & its top notch.. with some retro flare! on a side note i got in touch with www.airproair.com in Dallas respectable ac shop in the Dallas metro and have an appointment with them Friday to see if they can help me out with the high side lines so we will see, when you had your ac line repaired did they remove the old ferrule and make it look oem or is it now shorter after the repair cusser? thanks
post photo
Post was last edited on May 10, 2016 12:05. This post has been edited 2 times.
Cusser   +1y
"when you had your ac line repaired did they remove the old ferrule and make it look oem or is it now shorter after the repair?"

Yes, the shop removed the old crimp ferrule and the factory hose barb; the guy told me that style of hose barb would never be leak free if one simply cut off 1 inch of the flexible hose and tried to re-crimp. So he welded on a more-aggressive looking hose barb, cut off 1 inch of hose and used the corresponding crimp ferrule to go with the new hose barb, so it looks like an original hose - not that I care.