threads
Page 2 of 7
Mazda 2.2L \  A/C Evap Lines & Compressor Side Lines B2200 (Needed)??

A/C Evap Lines & Compressor Side Lines B2200 (Needed)??

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 8099
replies 64
following 3

customkev89   +1y
Hey cusser quick question you might know better than I do, 1st are the 89 b2200's factory wired for a/c? I see some connectors under the dash where it looks like the evap box connects to but wasn't sure also is there any other electrical wiring components I needed reason I was asking the guy that's been helping me out asked if I needed the wiring harness but I thought these trucks were basically wired to accept a/c? & 2nd will the high side a/c hoses for both the 708 & 508 compressor fit or are they different lines between the 2 thanks man
Cusser   +1y
I'd "guess" that the B-trucks were pre-wired for AC, as all their AC units were added at the dealers in the US, and were pretty nice factory-looking/factory acting units. The difference on the dash is the AC push-in switch, a block off plate is removed and that switch added. I'm not aware of any B2200 using anything but Sanden 708 (there were several types of these, minor differences.

Similarly, these trucks' carburetors had a second unused "cam" that was there in case Mazda cruise control was added, and wiper delay upgrade was simply a different wiper switch.
Post was last edited on May 03, 2016 07:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
Cusser   +1y
Diagram attached
post photo
Post was last edited on May 03, 2016 07:05. This post has been edited 1 times.
customkev89   +1y
Perfect, that's what I was thinking, thanks for the diagram too, everything is going smooth so far was just making sure, he might have some a/c high side lines supposed to let me know this evening thanks again for the help
Cusser   +1y
Here's what my AC compressor lines look like (1988 B2200)
post photo
post photo
customkev89   +1y
Good Detailed Pics thanks! here are the parts i got today... well compressor,lines and upper compressor bracket had everything else only difference i see is that my compressor lines look like they connect with 2 bolts instead of one
post photo
post photo
post photo
customkev89   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
customkev89   +1y
excuse the 20+ years of gunk haven't de-gunked the parts yet, but in the first pics u can see the lines that were cut to the right of the condenser. dang it! so close but yet so far i guess... oh well ill keep looking oh & another question do these a/c systems for these trucks have 2 pressure switches or just one in the dryer? i have a diagram (didn't know how accurate it is or for what model) but it shows 2 pressure switches 1 in the smaller evap side line and 1 in the dryer? little confused? the lines i have doesn't have a place for another press. switch in the evap line, thanks for the help Cusser
post photo
Cusser   +1y
Actually, I can't see exactly where such lines were cut. Anyway, I must say that I've never even seen a Mazda compressor with two separate fittings; and on my 1988, the two short metal lines that attach to the compressor have rubber lines crimped onto them like in that diagram you posted above (#12 and #13). You can see the single attachment bolt and the rubber crimped lines in my photos posted earlier.

As to your question about the pressure switches: damn sure that my 1988 has only one switch, and it screws into the drier, not in the line. Both of those switches shown in your diagram are in the same line - just separated by the drier - and prevent compressor from engaging and doing damage if the refrigerant pressure is too low, don't know why one would need two of those?. And the de-icer/freeze sensing thermostat switch mounts on the outside of the evaporator box #7, and has its sensing tube entering that through a small hole so it's in the air flow.
sincitylocal   +1y
The hoses were cut off the hard lines.