Page 3 of 4
Dually Projects \  85 crew cab dually

85 crew cab dually

Dually Projects
views 6571
replies 36
following 6

garagebuilt   +1y
Moved the air tank behind the notch so it will fit under the new bed floor. Built a gas tank to fit in the front of the bed under the bed floor. It calculates out to 54 gallons.
post photo
post photo
garagebuilt   +1y
Got the cam put in finally. Found some lobes on the old one flattening. Got the front bags in and found some front clip issues. It's shifted far enough that the pass side tire won't tuck. Up next is getting the new rear end in then do the bed. After about 4 months of waiting on eagle allow wheels, I gave up and ordered 22" fuels
post photo
75dually   +1y
Show us the issue you are having with the front passenger side, maybe we can help. BTW I dig those rims! They look awesome!!
Post was last edited on Jul 22, 2016 05:07. This post has been edited 1 times.
garagebuilt   +1y
The front clip looks to be 3/4" towards the drivers side. I haven't tried loosening the core to see how much slack I have. I knew there were alignment issues. I'm finding things that tell me this truck was thrown back together after A wreck. The frame is straight though. I wanted to drive it so I threw the old front wheel on that side. I'm thinking about narrowing my control arms and shifting the ball joints forward some to miss the fire wall and center the wheel a little more. I need to draw it all up and see if I will have any geometry issues if I do this.
garagebuilt   +1y
Also need to figure out the bump steer. It has a ton of toe out when layed out.
75dually   +1y
Don't do anything with the ball joints. You can move the whole cross member forward. I moved mine 1.25" forward. Yes it is a lot of hole drilling and then filling the old holes with plugs and welding them up, but it is so worth it. Check out my build page: http://www.duallyscene.com/threads/16283/31 It should give you a good start. Everyone I know who has messed with the ball joints has told me they regretted it. Another plus is that if you move the cross member then you do not have to tub the fire wall. Just some thoughts to consider...
garagebuilt   +1y
Got the srw rear end in. Lost half an inch of drop due to the offset center section. Working on the watts link now.
post photo
post photo
garagebuilt   +1y
Sway bar and bag mounts
post photo
garagebuilt   +1y
Had to put a bend in the upper bar to clear the bed brace and gas tank.
post photo
garagebuilt   +1y
Watts link all tacked in. Would have finished but I ran out of wire.
post photo