Page 2 of 4
Dually Projects \  85 crew cab dually

85 crew cab dually

Dually Projects
views 6576
replies 36
following 6

garagebuilt   +1y
Ran out of time and had to get it out of the shop. Went ahead and painted it to keep it from rusting. Still need shocks and some gussets
post photo
post photo
post photo
garagebuilt   +1y
Looks like the door makes a perfect bird toilet.
garagebuilt   +1y
Got the shocks and sway bar finished. Pulled the fenders off and cut out for the wheels. Threw the bed back on and drove it around some. Still having trouble with the front. After doing the spindles the drivers side settled and the pass side is about 1.5" higher.
post photo
post photo
post photo
75dually   +1y
Looking good! Keep the update pics coming.
garagebuilt   +1y
Here is the temporary setup so I could start driving. Had to buy 2 new tires for the inside rear. Been waiting 2 months for the wheels I want. Hope they are done soon.
post photo
garagebuilt   +1y
Built a box for the valves to keep them out of the weather. Too bad I bought cheap valves that don't hold. Probably going to have to redo it all again.
post photo
ruffrida2005   +1y
What kind of valves did you buy? Should be able to take them apart and clean, and reseal them. Where did you get your hardline fittings from? and are they compression? or PTC
garagebuilt   +1y
The valves are China 1/4". The threads are machined terrible. On one side there was almost no peak on the thread. Finally got them to seal off by using ultra black gasket maker. Soon as I got it back together the lift valve on the driver side started leaking by. I ordered 3/8 smc valves yesterday. Gotta stop being cheap. The fittings are from Texas gauge in Houston. They have fittings that are quality copies of swagelok. They are decent price too.
garagebuilt   +1y
Welded up some gaps and filled all the holes in the roof. The truck had a visor at some time and the holes have been leaking for a while judging by the amount of rust.
post photo
post photo
garagebuilt   +1y
Also got the new smc valves installed. They are pretty nice. Thought I was getting brass but they sent stainless. Everything holds good now.