Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 7547
replies 46
following 4

Old as Dirt   +1y
more photos
post photo
Old as Dirt   +1y
Rear swap was a complete bolt in deal.. did have to use a thin disc on a couple of bolts, because I didn't feel like pulling the hitch.. more progress pic tomorrow night..
Old as Dirt   +1y
Spent this afternoon tearing down the front suspension.. without it being under a truck, no weight.. couldn't use the normal "floor jack method" for lowering the control arm.
So I made a spring compressor from some 5/8" allthread and a chunk of 3/4" plate.. worked like a champ.. got her backed in the shop so I can tear out the 1/2 ton stuff and replace it with the 1 ton stuff.. should be able to drive it tomorrow night with some temp lights out back until I get the box on.. I'm tired and need a whiskey.. ;)
post photo
post photo
post photo
Old as Dirt   +1y
Home made spring compressor in use.. used anti-seeze on the threads and between the washers, along with a good Snap-On 1/2" air Impact.. I did what I wanted it to do..
post photo
Post was last edited on Jan 24, 2016 01:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
Old as Dirt   +1y
Spent the day swapping the front suspension.. this stuff is for the younger guys.. about kicked my ass being 60yrs old, now just need to install the bed and get it ready for paint.. "It's a 1 ton"
Lot of work in 24hrs.. 5/7 drop this Spring, save up and make it nice.. hope this thread gave someone some inspiration...
post photo
Post was last edited on Jan 25, 2016 05:01. This post has been edited 4 times.
Old as Dirt   +1y
Well.. until later this spring when she gets dropped and painted.. not much else to say..
post photo
post photo
Old as Dirt   +1y
Been on the road for a week.. so far, excellent.. had to buy a new pitman and idler, then had her aligned.. drives like a dream, feels way more sturdy and the 350/4L60E/4.10 combo is getting 12-14mpg(2400rpm @ 70mph).. a couple mpg's less than before, but then again.. the price of fuel is a bunch lower too.. with the short bed and the shorter wheelbase of the extended cab, it has a decent turning radius and doesn't weigh as much as the crew cab long bed big brother.. more coming as time permits..
Post was last edited on Feb 07, 2016 05:02. This post has been edited 1 times.
Old as Dirt   +1y
Here she is after running back and forth to work last week, put around 525 miles on the odometer... painted the rims (color the truck will be) and installed the center caps, will have to do for now.. while saving up some cash to do the drop/wheels/paint.. lot's to look forward to.. also throwing a set of 10" subs under the back seat with a 1500W amp so I have some decent tunes while underway.. ended up costing around 600.00 to do the swap.. sold the SB box and front suspension to recover some of the $$ I spent buying parts.. win. win..
post photo
Post was last edited on Feb 10, 2016 04:02. This post has been edited 3 times.
Old as Dirt   +1y
Still need to find a better solution to removing the "Taco tape" adhesive after tearing off the stainless trim and flares.. shit is on there.. tried wd40 and a plastic scraper.. OK, but very time consuming... any suggestions?
Old as Dirt   +1y
Sold the 1/2 ton rear end today for 200.00 Cash.. win..win.. now just a 400.00 swap