Page 2 of 5
Dually Suspension \  94 ExCab SB Dually

94 ExCab SB Dually

Dually Suspension Dually Tech
views 7546
replies 46
following 4

Old as Dirt   +1y
SCORE!!! Picking up a complete(hub to hub) 130K mile front suspension from a 91 2wd Dually in the morning along with the Hydroboost brake setup.. guy I am buying it from is going to cut the frame off behind the A Frames and load it on a trailer, and I can meet him where he works to transfer it into my truck using his forklift.. $100.00 Flippin' Sweet!!
If you know anyone in Washington that needs a 14 bolt(100.00) or a nice dually box(200.00).. this is your chance.. give them a call and send me a PM, located in Auburn.
Post was last edited on Jan 12, 2016 11:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
75dually   +1y
Is that your Z06? This is mine. One heck of a car if you ask me. I race and Autocross mine a bit. Have you done anything to yours?
post photo
Old as Dirt   +1y
Ha,Ha.. Great minds think a lot alike.. ya.. silver 02 in my pics.. only thing I have done is replace the valvesprings.. She was lowered 1" when I bought it.
There was an alert on C-5 about the springs failing on the early models(01-03 with the worst being 02's) but I didn't pay it much attention.. was warming it up in the driveway one Saturday morning and it started making a hell of a racket and was shaking.. quickly shut it off, pushed it back in the garage and did some research online.. sure enough the LS6 had broken a beehive exhaust valvespring.. bought the fancy tool that held the valve shut with air, and proceed to replace them.. piece of cake!
Them things run pretty hard for what they are, but had the valvespring let go at redline the complete motor would have been junk.. ended up trading it off for the Wifes 2013 Camaro..
Old as Dirt   +1y
All the reading I done here on the site says the 1 ton dually rear isn't a "bolt up deal" and you have to relocate spring perches.. let me get this straight..

The spring "Perch" is the welded on support that the springs sit on and are pinned with the spring pack bolt, held together by the "U" bolts.. do I have this right?

Looking at the rear end I bought out of a 93 Crew Cab LB 4x4, 14 bolt Full Floater w/4.10 gearing to put in my 1994 1500 Ext Cab Shortbed, the distance between the centers of the springs are 47"...

Looking closer, the springs don't sit parallel with each other, but measure 44 5/8" behind the differential, and 49 5/8" to the front.. these are C-C measurements..

Crawled under the half ton GMC and what a surprise!!! All the same numbers within an 1/8" or less.. and the springs are arched 32" each front and back just like the half ton stuff.. going to go buy the 1330(internal snap ring)/1350 U joint from Napa, and start yarding the rear out of the GMC.. welding smelding.. LOL..
This should be a "BOLT IN DEAL" by what I am seeing here.. even the shock mounts are in the right location..
post photo
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Jan 15, 2016 08:01. This post has been edited 3 times.
Old as Dirt   +1y
Also picked up a set of 6 Dually 16" steel rims with decent 215/85/16 tires for 220.00 this morning.. even came with stainless simulators off an 03 Duramax Dually..

Front suspension is getting delivered tomorrow.. then it all begins, wanted to gather all the parts first, should be a dually in a week or so if I don't run into something I have overlooked.. after putting it together as a stocker, I'll order the flip kit and drop spindles/springs/shocks and lower it.. this spring.
Post was last edited on Jan 15, 2016 02:01. This post has been edited 3 times.
Old as Dirt   +1y
Picked up the conversion "u" joint this afternoon.. they gave me the wrong one at first, then found me the right one on the shelf here in town.. Napa Part # for 1310/1350 = #348(if your driveline has the external clips holding the caps in, this is the one you want)
Napa Part # for 1330/1350 = #447(this one is the one I need because mine has the "internal" clips that look like a sliver of a moon)
They tried to sell me the straps and bolts for the differential yolk.. but heard they don't work, so dropped by the local Chevrolet service dept. and picked up the correct ones.. like 12.00 for the right straps and bolts..
Good stuff... Weld shop will be available to work indoors out of the weather on Monday until the dually conversion is complete, maybe by Thursday.. "IT'S TIIIIIIIIIME"(MMA announcer best voice) to get this show on the road..

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Post was last edited on Jan 16, 2016 01:01. This post has been edited 3 times.
Old as Dirt   +1y
Guy delivering the front clip has been dragging his feet.. looks like Wednesday.. also scored some factory lug nuts for $2 each this morning.... stupid expensive at the dealership.. like over $7 a piece.. still need to round up some clean trim rings for cheap..
post photo
Post was last edited on Jan 19, 2016 07:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
Old as Dirt   +1y
Playing with the paint program.. probably close to a 5/7 static drop.. and the short bed..
post photo
Post was last edited on Jan 20, 2016 06:01. This post has been edited 2 times.
Old as Dirt   +1y
after a little more research.. the 03 wheels I bought have a hub bore of 4.600" and the 93 rear hubs are 4.567" along with the 91 fronts, so I will have to wrap a piece of .015" shim stock around the hub as I install the wheels.. no big deal to center them up this way, and will leave .003" clearance(.0015 each side) for fit.. don't imagine there will be any balance or rotational problems this way.. we'll see..
Post was last edited on Jan 22, 2016 03:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
Old as Dirt   +1y
Day one.. some progress, ended up taking it for a little spin tonight around the buildings by the shop.. guy finally delivered the front suspension and a couple of fenders.. I get more done tomorrow.. hopefully get the frontend work started, all the bushings and ball joints, rod ends and sway bar links look good.. even has good brake pads.. love working indoors at the shop with air..
post photo
post photo
post photo