Page 2 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  windshield wiper problems

windshield wiper problems

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 2177
replies 14
following 2

scotch   +1y
This one was pretty nasty. I also bent the points up a little to make sure they still had good contact. You might also put some clean grease on the worm gear.
post photo
post photo
scotch   +1y
Last, it's a good idea to lube up the transmission joints. This was was complete froze on the wiper shafts. A little penetrating lubricant and it freed things up like new. Also, although not shown below, it's a good idea to lube up the little plastic ball joint/bushings
post photo
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Jan 08, 2016 09:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
scotch   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
imrjbitch   +1y
Are those easy to into? I still have no idea how to get into the cowl right in front of the windshield. Haha

And the motor itself, how would I go about taking it apart to have a look? Is there obvious screws on it?
imrjbitch   +1y
Ok so cleaned out the motor thingy you showed me and got a newer switch. Still having the problem. It clicks the same like its sposed to but not timed like its sposed to. It jus clicks once and keep going like it doesn't have intermittent even tho it pauses for a second before starting the cycle.

Is there a relay or anything I'm missing?
imrjbitch   +1y
Ok so I replaced the motor and the switch on the steering and intermittent still doesn't work. However it still clicks like the timer is still there but doesn't stop and if it does stop, it doesn't park. I'm having a hard time tracking this problem down :/