AUTOLOC \  Air Command 4000

Air Command 4000

AUTOLOC
views 1162
replies 3
following 2

Old Heap   +1y
Edited: 1/1/2010 11:08:00 AM by Old Heap

I'm having trouble getting my newly installed AC4000 to reach the correct preset air pressures. I've tried all the valve settings and the unit refuses to raise to the desired ride height pressure (preset #1), or dump completely (preset #2). The unit will raise my truck all the way up (preset #3) with no problem at all. The sensors are mounted to a fabricated metal panel that is bolted to the inner fender (grounded). All wiring connections are soldered and shrink wrapped.

I'm able to manually set the desired heights but the presets don't seem to be keeping the valves open long enough.

I'm using....
Autoloc pressure sensors
3/8 SMC valves, 2 for the front, 2 for the rear, screw in plastic mufflers on each dump valve
Firestone Bags on all four corners
Viair 380C (2)
7 gallon tank
The tank pressure sensor is on back order so that circuit is currently disconnected. The compressors are being controlled by a standard screw in switch at this time.

Almost forgot......The vehicle is a 1973 Chevy C-10, short bed stepside, 454 700R AT
Old Heap   +1y

Well, as you can see I posted on the 1st and it's now January 9th. No response what so ever from Autoloc. I called the tech line and was told to try adjustments that aren't possible with the unit. The Tech person also told me to "read the instructions several times, they're confusing". No, the instructions though not perfect, really weren't confusing at all. Your product just doesn't do what it advertises, not even close. What you end up with are very expensive push buttons. I'll now begin the process of returning the unit and writing off the experience as a lesson learned. You get what you pay for.  If you're thinking of buying a Air Command unit, don't waste your money.
Ron_autoloc   +1y
Dear mister Old Heap,  I am a SSM member.......(leftsyder) My name is Ron Perkins and I have read this forum before I came to work for The Hoffman Group and wondered why there was no reply. Im now the spot to answer your questions. I have no idea on what went on with you and tech. It sounds like you and the tech guy were on a different page. Heres the deal , if any SSM member needs help and I don't get back to you feel free to e mail me direct ron.perkins@thehoffmangroup.com . There are a lot of forums we sponsor and it is one guys job (me) to get to all of them. Our sponsorship helps these forums to run and at the end of the day , I want to make sure everyone has what they need. Ron 
Old Heap   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by Adam_AutolocDear mister Old Heap, I am a SSM member.......(leftsyder) My name is Ron Perkins and I have read this forum before I came to work for The Hoffman Group and wondered why there was no reply. Im now the spot to answer your questions. I have no idea on what went on with you and tech. It sounds like you and the tech guy were on a different page. Heres the deal , if any SSM member needs help and I don't get back to you feel free to e mail me direct ron.perkins@thehoffmangroup.com . There are a lot of forums we sponsor and it is one guys job (me) to get to all of them. Our sponsorship helps these forums to run and at the end of the day , I want to make sure everyone has what they need.Ron --------------------------------------------- Thanks for the reply. I eventually sent the unit in for repair which took nearly a month. In the mean time I purchased a unit from AirLift that worked flawlessly right out of the box. When the AutoLoc unit was returned to me the box contained no paper work to indicate what the problem was or what had been repaired. I called the tech line and was told the "controller was fixed".  I have zero confidence in the unit and really have no idea what I'm going to do with it.   Bryan
Page 1 of 1