replies 507
following 246

getto   +1y
--------------------------------------------

ahab said:

twisted yota said:

Edited: 9/26/2010 5:22:38 PM by twisted yota

Anyone know what kinda winshield trim he used ? looks from a newer model .

This is one of my fav's . sweet ride for sure.

Thanks. Its just a universal molding. If you find a good glass guy he should be able to do it. The glass also has a black band painted on it so it looks like new vehicle glass.

--------------------------------------------missed this post sorry for reiterating truths already posted..and that trim is t109, and the black band around window is called the frit. it protects the glue from uv exposure.

Severed701   +1y

getto said:

Severed701 said:

truck looks amazing bro! and to the people asking about the windshield..i know for sure that the base model 89-95 toys used a gasket type molding which just just black rubber...i would assume they did the same in older ones also..not sure if this is something that is still availabe..but last time i did on in my 89 i got the molding from the glass shop...plus side to getting one for the specific truck is that its one piece and a gasket type so its easy to install/remove

YOU SIR ARE WRONG.... the REAR window is a gasket and the front window "FW 598" to be exact, is a glue in.

actually YOU sir are WRONG..because ive had TWO toyotas with gasket windshields...they are BASE MODELS, with ONE PIECE GASKETS...i have one in my garage right now..the other one i used in my choptop toyota and cut it to fit the glass....check ur facts son before you call me out..i thought u were a glass guy?...my aplolgies to arab for cluttering up your thread..getto..u need more info on these feel free to pm me..i can prob get you a part number and even pics of them!
aon-teach   +1y
Haha Arab aka AHAB (Like Cpt.Ahab from Moby Dick...reading is hard) looks like the debate continues. It's a universal molding. I watched the guy paint on a black stripe around the windshield before he glued it in so it would cover all the stuff the gasket wouldn't. You guys should go argue in the windshield forum. Ahab put up some new pics. With extra fancy sauce please.

TEACH
:AON:
hitncry   +1y
^^^ x2
ahab   +1y
LOL @ Arab. Im not middle eastern people. Its AHAB from Moby Dick. Hes some fancy sauce for your face.

k24 rd6   +1y

Severed701   +1y
damnit my bad man lol..i knew that too...it was a long day :LOL:
ahab   +1y
Its cool Paul Wall. LOL no hard feelings.
getto   +1y

Severed701 said:

getto said:

Severed701 said:

truck looks amazing bro! and to the people asking about the windshield..i know for sure that the base model 89-95 toys used a gasket type molding which just just black rubber...i would assume they did the same in older ones also..not sure if this is something that is still availabe..but last time i did on in my 89 i got the molding from the glass shop...plus side to getting one for the specific truck is that its one piece and a gasket type so its easy to install/remove

YOU SIR ARE WRONG.... the REAR window is a gasket and the front window "FW 598" to be exact, is a glue in.

actually YOU sir are WRONG..because ive had TWO toyotas with gasket windshields...they are BASE MODELS, with ONE PIECE GASKETS...i have one in my garage right now..the other one i used in my choptop toyota and cut it to fit the glass....check ur facts son before you call me out..i thought u were a glass guy?...my aplolgies to arab for cluttering up your thread..getto..u need more info on these feel free to pm me..i can prob get you a part number and even pics of them!

whatevs bro not lookin for a e-fight..my statement was made with respect...sorry for cluttering this thread man your trucks sick..i thoughtyou needed to convert this shield thats why i was posting this info...i would love the part number i listed it foriegn windshield 598.....and like i said..this truck ive been checkin here and there and it looks sickkkkkkk
aon-teach   +1y
Toyrover should be in Vegas by now. I know Ahab had an early load in time tomorrow. He took the dilly and left this morning with a few other guys. I'll be flying in to join in the fun Monday. Come by and check out the truck in the Kinetic spot outside at SEMA. You can't miss it, it's BLACK. :-)
:AON: