Jcooper's 1976 Mazda b1600 Project

Mazda Projects
views 16244
replies 54
following 8

sincitylocal   +1y
All for only 6 bars of gold.
JCooper   +1y
I mentioned before that's attempted to purchase some from out of the U.S., and the company refused to do shipping at that time. Well, they emailed me back. Floor pan sections are about 60.00 a piece, shipping was $100.00. So yeah, a little spendy, but all drain/bolt holes and not having to bend the edges myself will be nice.
kaytbugsdad   +1y
Those floor pans look nice!!! You're right, a little pricy, but since our market is very slim, at best, you have to pay for what is available....
JCooper   +1y
Indeed! But you can't beat OEM. Figured the extra $ will save on fabricating my own, and will fit way better. Now just for some days off to get to working on the 1600 haha! Going to replace brake master, clutch master and slave cylinder soon. Will be headed up to ND to pick up some spare rims and tires this weekend. Lots to do soon. Header from powerbyace should be coming soon too- looks way better than the other one I was looking at from best mufflers. (Company was pissed I canceled that order...oh well.)
Post was last edited on Mar 02, 2016 07:03. This post has been edited 1 times.
JCooper   +1y
Just got back from a turn and burn trip to Minot ND. Left early Friday and came back Saturday. It was short, but nice to visit my brother and stop back at my favorite salvage yard. The $2.00 hubcaps I had previously purchased for my Mazda seam to have fit onto the wheel differently than the originals that must have come with my year of pickup- or at least the style of wheel that came with my pickup. No problem. I ended up purchasing the rims and tires from the yard that I had initially pulled the hubcaps off of.....all for $60.00. The rims were in great shape, minus the poor paint job that was on them. The red paint had peeled, cracked, and chipped off in various areas, but the prep work prior was questionable. So I sanded them down and did a quick shot of black on all 4.

One of the pictures below shows the black/grey rim that came with my truck. I'm pointing to the hubcap nub that sits alongside the lug nuts. As I mentioned, the hubcaps I received are held onto the rim with the little metal nubs fitted on lip portion that forms an inner ring around the lug nuts. You can see difference on the 'newer' red (now black) wheels I have. Anyways..All in all I couldn't be happier. Also, my floor pans I purchased from Australia are stateside in Chicago. Few more days and I'll have another project for the truck!
post photo
post photo
post photo
JCooper   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
JCooper   +1y
more photos
post photo
JCooper   +1y
A package of floor pans came today! I had a chuckle as this was the first time I had ordered anything from Australia, and somehow that makes me a 'Regular International Customer'. Figured I would take the time to snap a few more pictures of just how bad my rust was..could almost loose a shoe in there. Next week will involve cutting out the old and placing the new.
post photo
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Mar 11, 2016 06:03. This post has been edited 1 times.
JCooper   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
kaytbugsdad   +1y
Nice looking pans!!! I've always wanted to try my hand at removing and replacing floor pans, but my welding skills are weak at best.........