following 8

JCooper   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
baha   +1y
Nice project! Welcome to the site
JCooper   +1y
Well, despite placing new gaskets into carb, I believe most of the jets to be bad. I've soaked several to attempt to clear them just to get the truck running in top shape but alas, I think I'll be looking into a new carb- probably a Weber but I'm on the fence on keeping the manual choke or just wiring up electric choke. The truck runs, but could run so much better! Also have priced out new dash pad, weather stripping for doors, and have cut out templates to replace the floor pans. ( I would just order some from overseas but the price of shipping would have been a little too much). Pics to follow, thanks for reading!
dean   +1y
Nice! I started with 2 71 Datsun trucks before buying my 97 B2000 new. I also have an 81 Toyota 4X4.
post photo
JCooper   +1y
Nice ride dean! Love the dog dish hubs! It still gets me when I see my old truck roll around, but I'm happy to know its in good hands and has been dependable
JCooper   +1y
Due to weather progress has been slow. Working in 20 degree days will make fingers numb. First off I got the truck back to running condition for awhile, but began to run into problems with it bogging out. Come to find out that the original carb (though cleaned) began clogging with old debris of sorts, eventually blocking off several air jets. After fussing with it for a bit I ended up sourcing out a Weber 32/36 setup that still utilized manual choke. Included are a few pictures of the new carb. I will eventually have to run a new choke cable as the current one is frayed in some spots. I also utilized the throttle lever/linkage mechanism from the old carb. The weber does open up a whole lot more room now and runs like a champ. I'll try to get more pictures up soon.
post photo
post photo
post photo
JCooper   +1y
more photos
post photo
post photo
post photo
JCooper   +1y
more photos, below you see the different throttle linkage plates. I used the old 3 hole one and removed the new one from the weber setup to keep with the stock throttle linkage mechanism. On the fire wall you'll see that it does pull the linkage pin out a little more but should leave enough left to function without issue.
post photo
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Jan 10, 2016 06:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
JCooper   +1y
Last photo shows the "Do It Yourself" (DIY) decal from Mighty Car Mods. True this pickup is a little different from the mods/builds those Aussies do, but hey...doing it yourself lets you learn and I felt it fitting.
post photo
post photo
Post was last edited on Jan 10, 2016 06:01. This post has been edited 1 times.
JCooper   +1y
So I need some help guys, any write up on emissions delete for the Mazda b1600 would be very helpful. Seams to me that I could get rid of a bunch of crap