My Winter Projects

Toyota Trucks Make Specific
views 1281
replies 17
following 6

truck action   +1y
New hard lines & a removable notch cover
truck action   +1y
Have the top 4 buttons & tabs in place ,& will finish the last 3 tomorrow,than put the rear tank & lines in place & check the clearances to remove the cover,if all is good,recoat the bed liner ,polish the lines & get all back in place !Than back to the bumper!!
post photo
jaredmxg   +1y
looking good bud. What do you have planned by cutting out the center?
truck action   +1y
Edited: 12/31/2012 6:16:46 PM by truck action

I needed to change the way I had the system plumped, as added check valves in front of the water traps because of the tanks leaking down( water trap seals), & in doing this the water traps were useless . So @ the same time I planed in doing this just to make a open bed, will remove @ shows to show what is under there! It is another class ( Open Bed), & can get you more points! Was a suggestion by a Freaks member I know! Plus I need to have changes year to year to be competitive, so this is one of a few other things I'm doing for 2013 ! Will make it easier also to change a bag if needed! :BEERCHUG:
leydbck   +1y
Very nice. I am guessing you used a grinder/cut off wheel to make the cuts? If so, those are some of the straightest and clean cuts I have seen. Are you going to do any thing different with the notch area?
truck action   +1y
Thanks,& yes used a 4 1/2'' cut off wheel. Want to use the plasma as a smaller cut line,but would have had to remove a lot of the bed liner to do so!
Changed to just one button fastener @ the rear center, pulls the cover tight. Also made two handles using the same 3/8'' stainless tube,one small one to the center front & a slightly bigger one to the center rear. Will make removing & replacing the cover easier!
Will get photo's up tomorrow when I finish it!
truck action   +1y
Got the handles made & the last fastener in place & put one tank & lines in place to check that the cover came on & off without any problems! All is good!
post photo