threads
Page 4 of 5
Air Ride Suspensions \  rear setup done "right" - still rides bad and feels unsafe??

rear setup done "right" - still rides bad and feels unsafe??

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 3999
replies 42
following 31

mike86mazda   +1y
--------------------------------------------

DroptSdime said:

There's nothing wrong with his Watt's link. It's a KP kit, I don't think he probably doesn't get enough lift bag on axle to max out the cycle of the Watt's link.

Because its a kp kit means it was installed properly?
bagdb2200   +1y

mike91yota said:

DroptSdime said:

There's nothing wrong with his Watt's link. It's a KP kit, I don't think he probably doesn't get enough lift bag on axle to max out the cycle of the Watt's link.

Because its a kp kit means it was installed properly?

He only posted pics with the truck layed out. Which won't show you much on a Watt's link. So far it looks fine. Camera lenses throw off angles in pics, I've seen lots of pics of setups that looked like they didn't have enough triangulation, or other angles were off until I saw them in person. There's no way to know for sure unless you're there and throw an angle finder on it.
mike86mazda   +1y

StocksAndPrimer said:

here they are...its a 95 obs chevy btw

It may be the camera angle but in the first pic it looks as if the mounts for the watts link on the frame off 3 inches back from the watts link pumpkin mount no telling what else is crooked or off...

And dude shouldnt get offensive because the welds look like crap. When you got a weld sitting on top of 2 pieces of metal looking like that the penetration isnt there and quite frankly will eventually crack and fail, buysing some aftermarket control arms and having good looking body work doesnt mean your ride is quality.
post photo
post photo
post photo
StocksAndPrimer   +1y

mike91yota said:

And dude shouldnt get offensive because the welds look like crap. When you got a weld sitting on top of 2 pieces of metal looking like that the penetration isnt there and quite frankly will eventually crack and fail, buysing some aftermarket control arms and having good looking body work doesnt mean your ride is quality.

the welds don't my mean my ride ISNT quality either...you act like their the absolute worst you've seen...troll.

i keep forgetting, everyone is an expert on forums...
juicedwagon   +1y
damn i see the flaming is back on streetsource. let the welds go its been beaten to death. If you feel comfortable backhalf it and start fresh, it would most likely save you on time then redoing all that work.

i
laynwindows   +1y
haha juicedwagon i agree with that. everybody on here knows everything and they all argue about the dumbest things. seems to me that the bars on the watts link arent in line with anything else. and as far as welds go, good welds are a top priority in my book, thats what holds it all together when everybody else is driving down the road next to you. and somebody that doesnt care about a good weld might not care about the quality of everything else, a lot of people out there have the "thats good enough" attitude, which i hate because its saying "i could have done better, but chose not to".
long story short, i would take the time to figure out what exactly is wrong and go from there, probably dont have to redo everything, but from past experience, bags on axle always rides like poo poo
ahab   +1y
There are plent of people in here that gave you alot of great advice and a few who just talked shit. What is your plan for getting the truck fixed? Did you figure out the problem? Do you have any further questions?
mike86mazda   +1y

laynwindows said:

haha juicedwagon i agree with that. everybody on here knows everything and they all argue about the dumbest things. seems to me that the bars on the watts link arent in line with anything else. and as far as welds go, good welds are a top priority in my book, thats what holds it all together when everybody else is driving down the road next to you. and somebody that doesnt care about a good weld might not care about the quality of everything else, a lot of people out there have the "thats good enough" attitude, which i hate because its saying "i could have done better, but chose not to". long story short, i would take the time to figure out what exactly is wrong and go from there, probably dont have to redo everything, but from past experience, bags on axle always rides like poo poo

Juiced wagon? dumbest things? you just covered the two things I mentioned in my post? As for troll?? Thats funny are you a sensitive kid? Don't post pics of your welds and expect not to have them criticized when asking why your ride doesnt function properly. I did not talk shit nor did I bash you I merely explained why you may be having problems and why you will have problems in the future.....
bagdb2200   +1y

mike91yota said:

It may be the camera angle but in the first pic it looks as if the mounts for the watts link on the frame off 3 inches back from the watts link pumpkin mount no telling what else is crooked or off...

You can see in the top pic that the mounts are not 3" back. They're a little bit back, but that's just the arc of the 4 link pulling the pumpkin forward. You can't avoid that, and there's nothing wrong with it. That's why the Watt's link links use spherical rod ends.
juicedwagon   +1y
Shit I'm OK with flaming as long as people are posting. It got scarce around this sire for a while.

I'm curious to what the shop finds on your truck. Let us all know.