threads
Page 2 of 5
Air Ride Suspensions \  rear setup done "right" - still rides bad and feels unsafe??

rear setup done "right" - still rides bad and feels unsafe??

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 3998
replies 42
following 31

getlaid   +1y
Edited: 7/8/2012 11:21:32 PM by getlaid

Edited: 7/8/2012 11:18:23 PM by getlaid

actually he said he got a install the "right" way and judging by what i can see just from the pics the welds tell the whole story me.if a person cant weld right they have no business installing products to begin with..its not being a dick or douche jason its about calling as i see it.if the welds arent right the job isnt right.just my opinion thats why we have forums ...cool story calling me a douche though..ps..not only is the pinion off and the welds shotty look how your x member is cut..safeeeeeeeee..your rear could be off left to right judging by only what i can see you got fucked..again before ya call me a douche im going off what i can see...measure your left to right dimensions make sure your not tracking as well..
getlaid   +1y
professional shops dont build trucks with 110 welders and leave welds like that
Gonzalez Kustomz Fab Shop   +1y
I reallly have to agree just cause they have a 110v welder doesn't mean they should welding on customers trucks the pinion angle Is bad what's the ride hight snap a pic would like to see that. They set your pinion angle wrong
j&jkustomz   +1y
Welding is a key factor here! And I agree about the Pinion Angle! Along with the side to side of the rear end. Measure to see if it moves any if its laid out and raised to ride height. I had the center bear in the drive shaft give me that same problem as well.. You need to pull a measuring tape on everything and make sure its centered and then start with the driveshaft.
getlaid   +1y
you can almost tell every job by just looking at the welds on how well the truck is built..
i8nt2lo   +1y
Edited: 7/10/2012 2:49:11 AM by I8NT2LO

Love when people rip on 110 welders and blame the welds for the truck issue. How can you tell this was done with a 110 welder?Just focus on the issue, like Jeremy said, the welds aren't the issue here. And just cuz someone can weld nicely doesn't mean they can measure correctly...just look at the shock mount for verification.
i8nt2lo   +1y
--------------------------------------------

StocksAndPrimer said:

it has a carrier bearing...and yes the pinion IS off when laid out...it looks perfect when at ride height though

--------------------------------------------

It "looks" perfect or "measures" perfect?
ahab   +1y
From what I see. The watts link is not setup correct, and the pinion angle should never be the bad with a parallel four link. I dont see how the pinion is going to change like 6-8 degrees when the truck moves up a few inches. The geometry of your setup is all wrong. Hate to say it but you need to start over as far as your link setup is concerned. Ive got a two link cycling 14 inches with less pinion angle change than that.
1lonisn   +1y
I agree with Ahab, the Watts link does not look to be set up properly. Also, the axle is sitting on top of that 4link, look at how low on the axle the tabs are mounted for the top bars. a done "right" 4 link should never have that much pinion change, esp with a bag on bar setup with 6-7" of lift. Good luck getting it figured out.
Gonzalez Kustomz Fab Shop   +1y
Dude start over and take it to a shop that knows what there doing