threads
Page 1 of 5
Air Ride Suspensions \  rear setup done "right" - still rides bad and feels unsafe??

rear setup done "right" - still rides bad and feels unsafe??

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 3964
replies 42
following 31

StocksAndPrimer   +1y
ive been bagged for about a year now...my rear setup is bag over axel - parellel forward 4 link with a KP components watts link...also have rear shocks...

my problem is ive already lost 1 drive shaft completely (snapped off in traffic and slid out)...so i replaced that, but my rear end still vibrates BAD...like insanely bad - like im afraid to even drive my truck now...also, the truck in general rides like a damn shopping cart

i know a lever setup is better than over axel...but whats done is done and the money has been spent

what are my options? how can i fix the problems im having with whats already done

or worst case scenario - if i have to re-do the rear setup, whats the most reliable/safe/best riding setup while keeping the gas tank in the stock location??

also, im running SS8s in the rear...i know slams ride rough to begin with

kinda at a loss because i spend the money on highdollar parts and even had a professional shop do the rear setup for me...now i feel like it was all for nothing because ive had nothing but problems with the rear

nissandoordragger   +1y
got some pics of the setup?
bagged08   +1y
Pictures of said setup "done right"?
StocksAndPrimer   +1y

here they are...its a 95 obs chevy btw
post photo
post photo
post photo
ptman2002   +1y
looks like the pinion angle is way off in that one pic.
guiltybydesign   +1y
^agreed^ But is the new driveshaft balanced? Is this a single driveshaft or does it have a carrier bearing?
StocksAndPrimer   +1y
it has a carrier bearing...and yes the pinion IS off when laid out...it looks perfect when at ride height though
getlaid   +1y
welds look like shit to
DalyDrgr   +1y
--------------------------------------------

getlaid said:

welds look like shit to

--------------------------------------------

Useless comment. I love all these internet dicks that post shit just cause they cant help being a douche.......

The setup looks fine, aside form the pinion. Nothing appears to be to the point where the air set-up would cause what youre describing. Take it and get the drive shaft spun and balanced, and make sure the carrier bearing is good. Aside from that, I am not sure what your issue could be.

tre5   +1y
Take another pic at right height, or wherever it is you feel the vibration. Do you feel the vibration at all heights? Some of the welds do look scary, but that's not going to change the vibration.