threads
Page 2 of 4
Build-Ups \  Stock Floor Body Drop, '99 Ford Ranger - Help?

Stock Floor Body Drop, '99 Ford Ranger - Help?

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 9392
replies 33
following 10

complexdesigns   +1y
--------------------------------------------

markmnotdead said:

complexdesigns said:

It wont fit without lowering it sticks up a good 2" or so above the body and wont clear even an edge hood, there isnt really much room to lower the motor to clear either unless you do something like mentioned above.

I really dig your ranger btw man!

--------------------------------------------i You should see it now lol, what kind of hood have you found that will cover it I could never find one.
markmnotdead   +1y

complexdesigns said:

markmnotdead said:

complexdesigns said:

It wont fit without lowering it sticks up a good 2" or so above the body and wont clear even an edge hood, there isnt really much room to lower the motor to clear either unless you do something like mentioned above.

I really dig your ranger btw man!

--------------------------------------------i You should see it now lol, what kind of hood have you found that will cover it I could never find one.

a cowl hood man.
DalyDrgr   +1y

complexdesigns said:

I was running the 2.3, and I cant see a difference in that and the 2.5 for you to say it cant be done even though I just said I had done it....
markmnotdead   +1y

DalyDrgr said:

complexdesigns said:

I was running the 2.3, and I cant see a difference in that and the 2.5 for you to say it cant be done even though I just said I had done it....

I'll see what's up with it this weekend man! Might have to take your advice bro, I appreciate it. I'd love to keep the stock hood. I'll let you know for sure.
complexdesigns   +1y

DalyDrgr said:

complexdesigns said:

--------------------------------------------You said you raised the arms I said that there was no room to lower the motor but the hood might clear if done like you did up above...

Also there arent a lot of traditional cowl hoods out there for the 99 which is why I asked.
markmnotdead   +1y

complexdesigns said:

DalyDrgr said:

complexdesigns said:

--------------------------------------------You said you raised the arms I said that there was no room to lower the motor but the hood might clear if done like you did up above...

Also there arent a lot of traditional cowl hoods out there for the 99 which is why I asked.

It's a fiberglass mercury/explorer cowl hood since I have the 00 merc front clip. The hood is really pricey and the reviews aren't too great so I'll probably make a cowl hood out of the merc hood I have since it's steel and all the cowls I've found have those body lines in the middle. I just want it all smooth
markmnotdead   +1y
Sorry I haven't really updated this with anymore pictures, been busy with the truck and shit. It is body dropped now though. It lays hard. I'll try to update with pictures this weekend. Now I have to tunnel for the transmission, get my engine wired back up and get my rear end narrowed.
markmnotdead   +1y

Before

AFTER

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo