Page 1 of 4
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Tre5 Customs redo on a Lexus GS

Tre5 Customs redo on a Lexus GS

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 1898
replies 33
following 17

tre5   +1y
This car was purchased with the hydraulics already installed, but the new owner wanted to change it up. The previous setup didn't allow for any trunk space and wasn't the style that the new owner liked. I completely removed the old setup and I am still trying to clean up the battery acid and oil.The new setup will fit up on the shelf in the trunk area, leaving room for a full size spare tire and the stock trunk floor above it.Here is the new setup...I still need to mount the solenoids and then paint the rack, but it will eventually mount the entire setup. Doing it like this makes it easier for me because I can completely plumb and wire the setup while it's outside of the car.
2LOW4U   +1y
This is one of the cars that made me decide to build a car instead of a truck. I look forward to seeing how it turns out and I have no doubt the work will be stellar as usual.
YUH8IN96   +1y
is this that badass green one that they have a video of on grinder?
2LOW4U   +1y
Ya I'm pretty sure it is.
tre5   +1y
Yep. It was bagged at first, then juiced, now getting the juice setup changed. Ernie has done some other work to it as well. He has done some more paint work/ detail work under the hood.
20runner   +1y
SWEET!!!!
YUH8IN96   +1y
gonna be sweet cant wait to see it done, that car is super clean
juicedwagon   +1y
thats a cool idea you have with everything as a package like that. cant wait to see that installed.
tre5   +1y
Removed the grossly over sized ground wire and ground clampInstalled a new more appropriately sized ground wire and clamp. Ran the wire under the carpet and grounded it out of site instead of to the front seat bolt closest to the door opening.Size differenceDrew up some new upper plates to get water jetted. Having the plates water jetted gets rid of most of the noise because of the preciseness of the cylinder hole.

I'm hoping to have the car completed by tomorrow. Still a lot of work to do though.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
20runner   +1y
Grossly oversized ground cable really deserved 3 pictures on here??? There's got to be more pictures of worse stuff that I did on that car, or are those pictures coming later? Oh HOLY TRE5........ Get over yourself.