threads
Page 2 of 3
Air Ride Suspensions \  Avs digital gauges.....Quality?

Avs digital gauges.....Quality?

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 4318
replies 24
following 14

mrbarky   +1y
I have 2 sets I bought a year and a half ago and have the same problems as stated above I love the design but hate the functionality of them. It took mine 2 months to start acting up.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Ok so mabey not avs but what's the best 5 sensor dgital setup at a decent price to buy? And a good moisture dryer to get too for my tank?
djleighk15   +1y
I love my set....No problems yet. I also got it after they updated the units to the waterproof ones....But i also live in AZ where there is really no moisture so i cant really say anything about the problems others are having but im happy with mine.
FCKNLOW   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Pootus said:

FCKNLOW said:

TONY95CHEVY said:

Does anyone have the new setup on a daily driver????

I have them on my dodge and i'm with Taylor the sending units are a big down fall. I had them for 3 months and they went out one by one. AVS said they would replace them but I had to buy all new senders and send the old ones back, if they were defective they would refund my money..... a $300 gamble i didnt want to take.

thats the most bullshit statement companies give. "buy new ones. if they are bad we will refund your money"

whats to say they dont lie or for some reason the day they hook them up they work for 5 mins they are testing them. how about a company stands behind a product and reimburst you for your shipping if you ship them back since they sold you a shit product

my thoughts exactly!
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Where could i find a good setup on some digital guages? Looking for all four plus the tank.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Ok online found the Dakota digital 5-400psi sender kit for 363 shipped. What do u guys think about this kit and the quality of it $100 more sounds good if it works.
simple-pleasurez   +1y
i have dakota digital. i like it. but i hear people talk crap. this is the one i have,

http://www.kmwperformance.com/product/DD-ODYR-19-5-2i like it because its a single smaller gauge.
post photo
infamous 12   +1y
If you want a good water trap try graingers if you know someone who is a member, they have them with polycarbonate and metal bowls if you run more than 200psi. I have wilkersons with the poly bowls part # 4RA11 For gauges I had the same trouble deciding between avs, dokota digital, and air zenith for months, finally I just went with air-zenith. I have three gauges and they are on the dash, two for each side front and back and one for the tank. The two I had to use a single pole double throw switch to read between two sensors one each side of my truck. Altogether it cost $300 factory direct for three gauges and two extra sensors, it was the best money I spent on that truck and I haven't had a problem with the gauges or the sensors. One thing that does drive me nuts is they are extremely bright at night (I forget to see if they had a dimmer on the back before I put them in).
jumbo   +1y
i have the AVS gauges and like everyone else, the sending units are squirrelly. My burb's never even been on the road, the front left and rear right and the tank gauge work fine, the front right has never shown anything other than 3 lines, and the rear left reads anywhere from 2 to 254 psi. And the truck has never been driven. At all. I called AVS, they said i needed to get new sending units and solder them instead of plugging them in. I would rip the whole thing out and try to sell it on ebay or something, but the wiring harnesses are all spiderwebbed into everything else and i just want to drive my damn truck right now. Now i wish i would have gone with the Dakota Digital system, but i just didn't like the way it looked. I've heard nothing but good things about them.