threads
Page 1 of 3
Air Ride Suspensions \  Avs digital gauges.....Quality?

Avs digital gauges.....Quality?

Air Ride Suspensions Q & A
views 4293
replies 24
following 14

TONY95CHEVY   +1y
http://www.avsontheweb.com/product.php?productid=1076&cat=288&page=1

What does everyone think about this setup? Good quality?
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
I had a set of those a long time ago, and i had a lot of problems with the sending units on them. They would somehow keep getting moisture in them, and not working. It was a big pain in the ass because i had two water traps, and pneumatic drain on my tank to get rid of moistire that i would empty daily, i even mounted them upside down to reduce the change any moisture would get to them. Even with all of that, they somehow kept getting enough moisture in them to make the sending units periodicly not work... not allways, but for a few days they would stop working...... then kick on again and work.

I think they now use a different style sending units with weather proof connections, so that should be solved now.

other than that, i loved them. they were accurate, they matched my dash lighting perfectly, and looked good in the dash as well.

Taylor
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
I read it it said there are waterproof sensors that were updated. I want it but not sure about the headache does anyone else have one installed now that actually works right?
toreadorxlt   +1y
I had them on my fullsize and i regretted it. Price was great. Worked awesome till I drove in the rain once, all 5 sensors died, some came back days later.

I then went through the ringer waiting for replacement sensors. Like a legit 6 month wait. Got hung up on and never got returned calls from AVS. Had to post my whole scenerio on s-10forum to get a response. When they finally sent me replacement sensors, the bag had 4, not 5 in it like I returned. I had to pay out of pocket for one, when it was their mistake. The new sensors worked, but the connectors were different, so I had to solder them on, no big deal, but an unexpected hassle. Even at that, the new sensors were inaccurate...

Never again, analog gauges till I die... or accuair for the next go round.
slammedxonair   +1y
The AVS digital gauges are nice, I am a direct dealer for AVS and I have sold a bunch of them before and after the redesign. Yes the sensors were redesigned and I have not heard of any issues since then. I can give you a little bit of a discount from the price listed on AVS site as well. If your interested shoot me an email to brian@illusivefabrications.com I also sell Dakota Digital of those interest you at all.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
I like the Avs setup abd from what i have read I've seen mixed feelings... The old sensors yes they were garbage. Not trying to bash ur product but it is what it was.. The new sensors not too sure I've seen online most say yes there good and they love em but some still have problems. Not quite sure yet what I'll choose but I'm really looking for some one that has the new setup on a daily driver. The 275 they cost is alot of cash to me to just throw away with something that don't work. I'd have more fun wiping my a$$ wit it. Thanks but I'll wait for more feedback.
TONY95CHEVY   +1y
Does anyone have the new setup on a daily driver????
FCKNLOW   +1y
--------------------------------------------

TONY95CHEVY said:

I have them on my dodge and i'm with Taylor the sending units are a big down fall. I had them for 3 months and they went out one by one. AVS said they would replace them but I had to buy all new senders and send the old ones back, if they were defective they would refund my money..... a $300 gamble i didnt want to take.
simple-pleasurez   +1y

FCKNLOW said:

TONY95CHEVY said:

I have them on my dodge and i'm with Taylor the sending units are a big down fall. I had them for 3 months and they went out one by one. AVS said they would replace them but I had to buy all new senders and send the old ones back, if they were defective they would refund my money..... a $300 gamble i didnt want to take.

thats the most bullshit statement companies give. "buy new ones. if they are bad we will refund your money"

whats to say they dont lie or for some reason the day they hook them up they work for 5 mins they are testing them. how about a company stands behind a product and reimburst you for your shipping if you ship them back since they sold you a shit product