Page 5 of 11
Build-Ups \  mega cab ranger build

mega cab ranger build

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 10353
replies 110
following 36

jeebus @ mmw   +1y
If it were me personally, i would not expose the weld. I would have your spanners that bridge the two pieces welded from the inside only, and where the holes are, no tube going accross, have the pieces that span side to side in between the spaces where there are holes, so when you look at it from the outside, there is no weld exposed, nor tube spannine each hole.

I made some link bars and cantilever bars just like this years ago, and i hated the exposed weld. Its hard to get a good looking weld in that spot, then when you try to grind it down, it comes out lumpy.

Thats just me, its functionally great, and i love it, im just not a bit fan of how the cantilever bars look, it dosent compliment the rest of the work youve put into it, in my opinion.

Taylor
strada shop   +1y
I see, yeah your right about them being lumpy when i grind them down, There still not done im going to grind them down fill the spots in and ream the hole out to get the slag out.

The good thing is i can always change them if they dont turn out good!
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
yea, i hear ya. thats exactly what i ended up trying to do too, i filled it with weld, then reamed the hole, i just didnt like the look, i even tried beveling the hole with a tapered reamer, but idk.

regardless, the design is great, so keep it up, love what your doing with it out back.

Taylor
strada shop   +1y
--------------------------------------------

Chopped Mazda said:

regardless, the design is great, so keep it up, love what your doing with it out back.

Taylor

--------------------------------------------

I have to do something on this the fronts all you!
strada shop   +1y
Then i re did the passenger side.And more tube for my drive shaft tunnel!
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
strada shop   +1y
some updated picture'sHere's putting my wishbone together
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
strada shop   +1y
My radius rods Still have to play with the adjustments
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
smctoy   +1y
damn...sic progress!!
strada shop   +1y
Thanks heres a video.
http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid563.photobucket.com/albums/ss76/stradarx150te/ranger/20120304_170838.mp4
offthewall   +1y
too cool. give me a shout if you need a rendering for it