Page 3 of 3
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Hydraulics dropping too fast

Hydraulics dropping too fast

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 2648
replies 25
following 12

kingpin7714   +1y
this thread is why I love hydraulics! so much fun =)
k24 rd6   +1y
--------------------------------------------

tre5 said:

I don't care what anyone says... until someone proves to me that the twin manifolds with twin slow downs actually controls the dump of the car differently than it would with only one slow down... I don't buy it.

Even Brandon, you just said... (in regards to check valves) "If there are two, then the fluid cannot transfer between corners, as the system is designed to do..."The fluid transfer is what adds to the fact that the front and rear will dump at different speeds.

This is why you see the back of the vehicle go up when the front is dumped. The fluid takes the path of least resistance, which you would think would be to head back to the tank but remember you have a slow down going back to the tank, so it goes to the rear cylinders first. The fluid transfer also comes into play with you are lifting the truck. You will also notice the front will dump some when lifting the rear, but this may be eliminated or it can be eliminated if you wire the switches a certain way.

If you tee before the blocks with 2 check valves and tap a separate return to the block or tank, there would be nothing common between the front and rear except when running the pump.
k24 rd6   +1y

AON-4PumpedCL said:

Edited: 7/12/2011 1:15:44 AM by AON-4PumpedCL

Hey Billy,

You can keep your single pump and your 5-dump manifold, but you'll have to buy (2) additional slowdowns, (2) additional check valves, (4) T-fittings, and (8) elbows to create some 'inline' slowdowns. In theory this will allow you to adjust the dump speed of your front corners independent from the back entirely. Here's a quick drawing of what I'm talking about:

Just hide the mess of fittings somewhere under the truck where the slowdowns are still somewhat accessable and you'll be a happy camper.

Are the check valves tee'd in so it can up at normal speed?
automatik23   +1y
Oh man this loks fun lol...Is this all stuff I can buy from Hydroholics or do you have another source? Will I need to change anything with my accumulators?
automatik23   +1y
Aaron will you be at summer madness? Or will anyone else that has contributed to this topic?
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y
Ryan, I T'd in check valves so it allowed fluid to flow to the cylinder, but fluid is forced to flow through to slowdown to return to the pump. The one thing to keep in mind is you would probably have to located the accumulator between the slowdown and the cylinder.

Billy, I'll be at the ST show in august. You can buy any of this through hydroholics. Just email josh@hydroholics.net or you can order it through the website. If you have any other quesitons give me a call any time after 5:00PM.

-Aaron