Page 1 of 3
Hydraulic Suspensions \  Hydraulics dropping too fast

Hydraulics dropping too fast

Hydraulic Suspensions Q & A
views 2621
replies 25
following 12

automatik23   +1y
I have a 1 pump 5 Dump setup with 4 accumulators, and 8 and 10 inch cylinders. The problem is that I just put a v8 in my ranger and now the front slams down everytime I try to lower the truck. I have an adjustable slow down but I have to close it almost all the way to slow down the front end but if I do that then the rear basically doesnt even drop. What can I do to fix this, should I have my front accumulators charged to a higher psi or something?
tre5   +1y
Ahhhh, the beauty of a one pump setup! Since you only have one slow down valve on a 1 pump setup, you will experience fluid transfer. If you watch it while you dump the front, the fluid will actually raise the rear of the truck. Only way to completely do away with it is to lock the rear up, but since that's kind of ridiculous... If you dump the front and rear at the same time, it should be a bit better. Your only other option is to upgrade to a 2 pump setup.
2LOW4U   +1y
While we are on this topic, what are the advantages of the 2/6 setup over the 2/4? I have been thinking about upgrading my setup.
tre5   +1y
Not much really. The working advantage is that you can lift individual corners or sides, whereas a 2-4 can only drop corners/ sides. Aesthetically, the difference is the manifolds and less fittings. However, if you have a 2-4 now you could plumb in 2 more dumps and have yourself a 2-6 without the manifolds.
automatik23   +1y
well shit, I was really hoping for a different solution other than getting another pump, my whole sheetmetal bed is shaped around having 1 centered pump lol. Is there really no other way than locking up the back?
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y
Hey Billy,

If you drop the front first (with the back still raised) does it lift the rear? If it doesn't lift the rear, does your front still drop too fast? Also, there's a set screw on the side of your slowdown. Make sure that is not tightened because it can prevent the slowdown from closing all the way.

If you still have problems, you can go to 2 pumps, or you can do a 1 pump 6 dump setup. That will give you the ability to have a seperate slow down for the front and back. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions. I'm not affiliated with Hydroholics anymore, but still a major juice advocate and always down to help out!

-Aaron
stlowburban   +1y
You can also run a check valve on the rear dump side so when the front dumps it can't force it's way into the back. I ran a single pump years ago this way and it worked great. You just can't dump front and back at the same time. I also put a slow down on the rear feed line so the pressure was equal to the front so it would come up even. Kept from crunching up front bumpers.
k24 rd6   +1y
I have the opposite problem, the the front won't go down with slowdown set for the back. If I open the slowdown up to get the front to go down, the back slams instantly to the ground.
getto   +1y
off topic but....................im really stoked to see juice back on the rise....i been preachin juice for a min....i love my oil....
automatik23   +1y
Hey good to hear from you Aaron, Yea the back raises when I lower the front. How would I plumb in a 6th dump, as you know from previous conversations im new to the juice industry lol. Running a 2nd pump would be a huge nightmare because im almost done with the sheetmetal bed and its kinda formed around the 1 pump 5 dump manifold set up I have.