Page 5 of 6
Dually Projects \  Project DUAL LAY **updated 8/12**

Project DUAL LAY **updated 8/12**

Dually Projects
views 12519
replies 56
following 11

aa taco chris   +1y
Well... I went to move the truck to work on it yesterday and the battery was dead, so I was pissed so I headed out to the bank and to tractor supply to buy another trailer fender to use for tubbing the firewall, and talked to some friends and ended up going to hot import nights at shea stadium... so I didnt touch the bitch, only progress today is a battery charger on it all day long.... whoops almost forgot but did pull the stock plastic cowl off bc I ordered this today:

she's a smoothie
dragnasty   +1y
Doored on those trucks is only like and 1" or so more. DOOR IT ON 24"s!!!!!!!! Actually, I say go with the 22"s so you can run a little extra meat on em.
aa taco chris   +1y

ooo ok... I thought normal b/d on those are 3" and I know door is about 5", plus I'm going to have to Z the front in order to get it flat. On IF custom's web site there is one that they stock floored, and it seems that a Z is necessary to get the rails flat, bc the front of mine is like 6.75 to the door right now.

Anyhow... yea I'm def. gonna door it bc theres only a couple newer style that are, plus I'm a high/low whore and it sucks getting beat by cookie cutter- door'd trucks
bdydrped   +1y
just a suggestion on your battery going dead.... probably the dome light switches since you took the door panels off(if i remem the pics right) unplug those guys and itll take the constant draw off te battery and it wont go dead again.
dragnasty   +1y
Becky is dorring her truck, (95 1/2 ton) and its only 4" with 1/2" plate welded to the bottom of the frame....which really means that it is 3 1/2" to the doors. Also we are only taking it about 1/4" from the bottom of the door, not actually laying door....because her truck will be drug on a regular basis.
aa taco chris   +1y

hmmm... I'm assuming that 3500 frame must be a bit more taller b/c I took a rough measurement of 5" when it was parked in gravel... and it's about 6.75 up front which is why the Z was needed (or I thought), although it lays crossmember up front extremely hard right now and frame out back very very hard.

I'm also going to plate the inner jams b/c im going to drag it a good amount too... so probably about 1/4 or 1/8 from the door will be the best idea.

heres the link to IF custom's doing the stockfloor/Z on a 94'...

aa taco chris   +1y

thanks!! I think that was actually part of the problem...
dragnasty   +1y
kewl...the box style is the oposite. You have to Z the 1/2 tons and the 1 tons have plenty of clearence.

Speaking of, why arent you building that box style you bought?
aa taco chris   +1y
lol ummm idk, I actually had it sold to Chris (FullsizeS10) who has the red 87 S10 with tribal flames and I found this newer body style one and since the other one was sold I decided to pick this one up.

He found out he couldn't keep it at his house (too big) so ended up not buying it, after I already got this one here. Lol, so I still have the box dually, it's sitting. I bought a brand new full phantom for it and didnt get into it really... so its up for grabs for $1500. It used to be a diesel but I bought it w.o a motor as I did with this one lol... and was going to put a polished SBC in it.

Anyways, it's not advertised or anything but about 5 people from DropNdrag are interested(or say so)
lockone   +1y
Where are some pics of this box you speak of????