Build-Ups \  "this may take a while" Tre5 Customs 72 Blazer Roadster

"this may take a while" Tre5 Customs 72 Blazer Roadster

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 16465
replies 301
following 113

tre5   +1y
Edited: 11/22/2010 7:54:56 PM by tre5

This truck was dropped off to me right before West Coast Nats. I was planning on moving soon after WCN, but with the fun of buying a foreclosure property comes the fun of waiting. Well several weeks later I finally have the garage all setup to go at the new house. So the build begins....This is a '72 Chevy K5 Blazer. It is getting the full treatment! However, unlike most of my builds, it is getting airbags (let the hating begin, lol). I would like to give a big thanks to AVS for their help with the product for the build. The truck will be getting 2 Viar compressors, 2 aluminum 5 gallon tanks, and 4 Contitech 2600 bags. Height adjustment will be accomplished with an Accuair setup.A Porterbuilt Street Rods dropmember suspension setup will replace the front straight axle. The rear suspension will be custom built. Big brake upgrade in the front and a disc brake conversion out back together with 24" wheels and tires will complete the suspension. The blazer will be powered by a LS motor and transmission out of a 99 Firehawk. The interior is still up in the air, but the truck will be a permanent roadster so that will have to be taken into consideration. The owner wanted the look of a '57 bel air, but with a twist. The paint scheme was designed and put into a rendering by Nick at Surface DVD. Hopefully the build doesn't take me too long.Anyway... Onto the pictures.
tre5   +1y
tear down begins...
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
thenephilm   +1y
so rust free...not fair lol...i'm sure it will be sweet
white trash renegade   +1y
Awesome! I can't wait to see it on the ground! (Even though it will be on air!)
BAGLESS   +1y
House warming party??? Better leave that mural on the tailgate!:LOL: Juice or no juice, pretty sure its going to be a killer build!
dailydraggn   +1y
awesome, cant wait to see this on the ground.
k24 rd6   +1y
Congrats on the new house. We expect non stop pictures now

--------------------------------------------

BAGLESS said:

Better leave that mural on the tailgate!:LOL:

--------------------------------------------

That is exactly what I am thinking

tre5   +1y
tailgate is already gone!
juicedwagon   +1y
i was wondering what was goin on, i thought you were gettin buisy on your ford. cant wait to see updated pics
lowrthnu92   +1y
This thing deserves billets and you havent even started yet :LOL: