threads
Page 5 of 5
Tools \  what kind of angle grinder do you own?

what kind of angle grinder do you own?

Tools Q & A
views 4731
replies 49
following 44

tre5   +1y
I was running the harbor freight ones for years. I just got some Bosch ones on sale at Home Depot for $67 a pair! I don't know how long the sale is, but it was a great pickup.
MagicMikey   +1y
i use a 5 in dewalt for years now. i use the same kinda and size at work. i cant remember what amps n stuff.
THE LOW RANGER   +1y
mine i just got
jestermetalwerx   +1y
craftsman ive had almost every other brand and they got smoked but the craftsman still going strong
danshoods   +1y
Edited: 12/30/2010 12:51:46 AM by D RULER

In almost 30 years I've used alot of grinders of all sizes both air and electric, for air powered- Sioux 7" stands alone, the one I'm using now must be 20 years old, but they're pricey about 6 bills.For electric 4.5" I got the Dewalt 10 amp and the Porter cable/snap-on, you can't miss with either of these, also which ever one you go with ; get the one with the paddel triger not the on and off switch, with the switch one if you're into some heavy grinding and it hangs up it can jump out of your hands and then you got to chace it around your floor or maybe even down your leg; could be a trip to the ER (just sayin).
JohnBoy99   +1y
Well had a Makita and a Black & Decker. Just went out and saw the Mikita not where it's supposed to be. So it might have grown legs. Great. No worries cause I've been using the B&D over the Mikita anyhow. I have some tools to pick up back in Missouri according to my mother in law. So I'll inherit a Dewalt grinder from my late father in law. I'll probably still rock my B&D!
DWayne   +1y
My favorite are the old Black and Deckers before they were bought out by Dewalt in the 90's, now I stick to Dewalt or Milwaukee (it was sweet as he'll when B&D was bought out because my dad knew the rep and we picked up just about one of every tool they made for nothing...example, 4 1/2 angle grinder for $10.)
specv02   +1y
Dewalt 10amp throws sparks as good as the yota!
slow50   +1y
i picked up the dewalt 10 amp. i like the only thing i didnt like whas the position of the paddle trigger. so i just rotated the head and it perfect.