threads
Page 2 of 5
Tools \  what kind of angle grinder do you own?

what kind of angle grinder do you own?

Tools Q & A
views 4733
replies 49
following 44

domer   +1y
Milwaukee 15amp angle grinder. that baby will throw some sparks. biggest one they make.
LaidNeon   +1y
DeWalt 4 1/2 10 amp FTW
tlw32882   +1y
dewalt
thacru78   +1y
I have a Dewalt 4 1/2 and a Dewalt 7 inch...I've had a Craftsman, Hitachi, and several HF grinders and they all crashed. Im on my second Dewalt in the last 5 years...and I use it more than any other tool.
kaoss   +1y
I have a 6 year old 5 amp Makita that I moved to cut off wheel duty after I got my bigger Makita. Model 9523nbh that I've absolutely abused and neglected, and it still works like the day I bought it. It was right around $50.

The main grinding duties go to my 3 year old 7.5 amp Makita 9557pb. I love this thing. It came in the box with my chop saw, both tools for $199.00

I had a Dewalt 7amp around the garage for a little while, and I would take my Makita over it any day.
post photo
post photo
slow50   +1y
i had a ryobi last and it lasted a few years. and we have a metabo at work but they are pretty pricey. ill probably get the dewalt 10 amp. i like that you can change the brushes you couldnt do that on my ryobi but i think it was the bearings that went out on it.
64caddy   +1y
i have a 4inch ryobi thats about 15 years old that i "borrowed" from my dad. that grinder has built more cars and trucks that i can even think of and still works like new!
THE LOW RANGER   +1y
cpopowertools.com/dewalt i just found
blackhulk   +1y
since i live in Canada and we have Canadian tire i use their grinders cuz they have 3 year warranty...so when i burn one up i take it back and get a new one
got to love warranty....lol
Getbored Designs   +1y
this is by far my favorite grinder it has tons of assthe only thing i would want more out of a grinder is a reverse feature!

http://www.cpopowertools.com/dewalt-d28114n-4-1-2-in-11-000-rpm-13-0-amp-grinder-with-no-lock-on/dewnd28114n,default,pd.html?start=7&q=dewalt%20grinder

i have a dozen or so grinders and dewalt 10amp / 13amp do work