threads
Page 3 of 5
Tools \  what kind of angle grinder do you own?

what kind of angle grinder do you own?

Tools Q & A
views 4736
replies 49
following 44

Getbored Designs   +1y
be on the look out for the buy one get one grinders at home depot and lowes around the holidays
should b coming up soon!!!
slow50   +1y
they dont make grinders that can go in reverse do they? that would kick ass for when you can only get it in that one spot but it shoots sparks in your face.
92zuzuman   +1y
Edited: 11/13/2010 8:52:48 PM by 92zu

Had a milwaukee that i beat the piss out of for three years, worked awesome until it got really hot and died one day. I picked up 2 dewalts for $100 in a 2 for 1 deal at home depot a few months back, theyve been good so far. Ive seen a harbor freight blue grinder die 3 hours after we bought it.
Getbored Designs   +1y
i buy from lehigh
the best flapper they sell is the double thick
the orange plastic screw on ones work great too.
dB Zac   +1y
dewalt
KEEF   +1y
I use Dewalt and Bosche both are badass and usually last a few years being abused everyday so i def cant complain
SIKaltima   +1y
i just bought me a craftsman 4 1/2 inch, we will see how it does

ive also used the orange ones from harbor frieght and i havnt had bad luck with them, I guess its just a hit or miss with those!
Numbskull   +1y
Just determine what your time is worth, all grinders have thier place...
If you want a high end, REAL industrail quality angle grinder go with a Metabo. They are expensive and you will have to go to a machinery supply place to get one; but you will proabbly have it for 20 years. If you want somthing good, cheap, and pretty relaible get a craftsman. If you want to use it once or twice and have time to piss around returning it, get a harbor frieght.
NaviGangsta   +1y
Edited: 11/18/2010 12:03:56 PM by NaviGangsta

I use to go through grinders every 4 months. Welding on oil drilling rigs and such.

Metabos are great. But they were to expensive for the enviroment I had to use them in. It was to easy to drop them 40ft, or get soaked in water/oil.

Dewalt was a good brand, but I cant stand the triggers.

My personal favorite on a budget is RIDGID .. they were comfortable, I liked the triggers, and they lasted a long time.

I wouldnt wish a Harbor Freight grinder on my worst enemy. Things are crap and shake like hell.