threads
Page 4 of 5
Tools \  what kind of angle grinder do you own?

what kind of angle grinder do you own?

Tools Q & A
views 4732
replies 49
following 44

DCCUSTOMMINIS   +1y
I work for DeWalt and i would recommend the 10 amp but they also make a 7 amp that is very similar but a lot cheaper.
incognito 1   +1y
I have always bought Milwaukee grinders for personal use. A shop I worked at bought Dewalt both are good grinders. I can say that my one Milwaukee worked for 6 yrs & that is beating the piss out of it kinda use, it finally crapped out last winter. Still works if you tap on the head some. Milwaukee is all I buy though for grinders & sawzalls.. Kinda a personal preference..
unusualfabrication   +1y
I have a 4.5" Makita and a 4.5" Craftsman and they are both great grinders, i'd recommend either of them to anyone!
TwistedMinis   +1y
I have two Milwaukee's and a DeWalt. I had the bigger DeWalt and smoked it a month after the warranty ran out, so I bought the smaller one. It has a locking trigger that I like better, and is lighter, and it has outlasted the bigger one. I like it. Just ordered a Metabo.
pat2low   +1y
i've used a habor freight special, black and decker, craftsman, dewalt and rigid at different times over the years i personally like the rigid it has good performance and to me it is more comfortable feel to it when using
low_blazer   +1y
I've got 3 Ryobi's, 2 Makitas and a DeWalt. For the price, I've been really happy with my Ryobis, and if you catch them right, you can find them on a 2 for 1 sale. I have so many because I tend to load them with different tools/discs so I don't have to take the time to change discs out...I'll have a couple with flap discs, a couple with cut off or grinding discs, and one with a wire wheel..
bigandtall   +1y
Edited: 12/8/2010 5:57:19 AM by bigandtall

DeWalt D28402KVery powerful, reasonable priced and fast quick release system works well:)
MaDeNMiAmi305   +1y
i use my makita 5 days a week and have yet to have any problems.
OneLowToy92   +1y
I found a good deal on DeWalt DW818 Heavy-Duty 4-1/2" grinder from Toolup.com for $50 shipped. Thought I would pass it a long.
Ron_autoloc   +1y
I have a Metabo probably the last one I ll ever have to buy.