threads
Page 2 of 2
Body work and Paint \  House Of Kolor.....

House Of Kolor.....

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 2678
replies 17
following 11

BK2LIFE   +1y
blue over orange... wow, not good in my opinion.

maaco? sweet. why did you buy the materials before the job?

finally, how much of the colors do you have, and do you want to sell them?
sik_kreations   +1y
--------------------------------------------

seanb said:

Well, not trying hijack the thread but it was House of Kolor UK-5 Cobalt blue
DougyFrisch   +1y

BK2LIFE said:

blue over orange... wow, not good in my opinion.

You referring to the color combination? Cause last time I checked blue and orange are complimentary colors... :???:
seanb   +1y
Well, the orange and blue Mustang above should be proof the colors work together. Not everyone's taste but they work fine.

As for the UK vs. KK paints. I've never heard or seen anything that says UK paint is not for graphics. Don't see why there would be a difference. That's news to me so I guess maybe I'll try some tests. Thanks.
mazrod   +1y
Nah James Im not going to sell it I have a few Ideas running through my head for the mazda or the wifes Evo 10. Dougy it was a 97 Saturn SC 2. I actually bought the paint with the 1500 he gave me and started with the bodywork. then he decides to take it to Maaco for some odd reason, but he was a nice guy and apologized and told me to keep the money for what I did, so I basically prepped it for Maaco. but I got $600 worth of paint and $900 worth of materials that I needed.
sik_kreations   +1y

seanb said:

Well, the orange and blue Mustang above should be proof the colors work together. Not everyone's taste but they work fine.

As for the UK vs. KK paints. I've never heard or seen anything that says UK paint is not for graphics. Don't see why there would be a difference. That's news to me so I guess maybe I'll try some tests. Thanks.

its basically a single stage catalyzed candy. as soon as it flashes, it must be coated with clear. so u have only a 10 min. window. do u do graphics and put 4-5 coats of a single stage color, let it set over night and then un mask, scuff it and clear? or would u just shoot a basecoat color and move on to ur next color? not to mention the massive edge that would leave. make sense?
seanb   +1y
Edited: 10/21/2010 7:30:47 AM by seanb

Ah, okay its like a single stage. Got it. But for the few single stage paint jobs I have done, NEVER seen one bleed through the paper or tape regardless. I see why maybe I should have used a KK but I still think HOK UK Cobalt blue is taboo. I'll try some KK Cobalt blue and see if it bleeds just as bad.

Anyhoo, Well it sounds like HotShot92 made out pretty good on the deal. Maco? really?
sik_kreations   +1y
its really the paint, but the dye that its made from. to get that bitchen blue u have to take those risks. but.. i will say i dont have bleeding problems in graphics. but if i do shoot a candy in a graphic its always the last one i shoot before clear.