threads
Page 1 of 2
Body work and Paint \  House Of Kolor.....

House Of Kolor.....

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 2670
replies 17
following 11

mazrod   +1y
Not to familiar with HOK. Getting ready to use it for the first time. Using Tangelo and True Blue Pearl, I know you have to have a base of white or black. Any tips on sparying HOK? I posted earlier on Planet Colors and the guy changed his mind. This guy is wanting a True Blue and Tangelo pearl 2 tone. He wants to see what it will look like before I spray as well anyone have these 2 colors as a 2 tone? I have searched and cant find S**T

Thanks......
Milk Man   +1y
I would suggest spraying the true blue over a black base and spraying the tangelo pearl over there base called molly orange. www.coastairbrush.com sells House of Kolor is small amounts if you want to buy a little to do some test panels. I have never had any problems spraying either color.
seanb   +1y
Keep in mind that HOK is a hot mix. Don't lay it down too heavy or fast. Also, even though you didn't say you'd use it, stay away from HOK cobalt blue
Uncle Fester   +1y
Make up a test panel with both white and black behind it as the final color definately changes based on which base. Tru Blue is what I used and absolutely love the color. Good luck.
dysinger1   +1y
seal it in silver. they have a nice one. check out my mustang it was the same colors you are talking about using.
k24 rd6   +1y
Edited: 10/15/2010 9:04:26 PM by k24 rd6

post photo
sik_kreations   +1y
--------------------------------------------

seanb said:

Keep in mind that HOK is a hot mix. Don't lay it down too heavy or fast. Also, even though you didn't say you'd use it, stay away from HOK cobalt blue
seanb   +1y
Well, not trying hijack the thread but it was House of Kolor UK-5 Cobalt blue
mazrod   +1y
Well they guy decided not to go with HOK. he took it to MAACO.....so now I have HOK laying around.
DougyFrisch   +1y

HotShot92 said:

Well they guy decided not to go with HOK. he took it to MAACO.....so now I have HOK laying around.

Let me guess, it was a Crown Vic on 24's?

Sorry to hear, hopefully you find something to use the HOK on...