replies 27
following 17

retro dime   +1y
Edited: 5/5/2011 12:22:05 PM by KPconcepts

Mines a '00 quad cab 3.9 v6

this is your dakota on 20s without a Z?
post photo
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
To lay body on the 22s, there is a lot that needs done.

if your going to lay body, regardless of what offset wheel you have, your going to need to narrow the track width a ton. Roughly 1.25" per side. as a general rule of thumb on dakotas, if your going to lay on 22s its narrow 1.25" to 1.5 , laying body on 20s narrow .875" to 1.1875" per side.

You will have to tub the firewall on 22s and 20s. The steering will need addressed to lay on 22s , you will just barely clear on 20s.

fuel tank needs addressed to, either way.

A lot of engine bay stuff has to be worked around to lay on 22s as well. Here are a few pics of a customers truck that layed his out on 22s. Its bad as fuck, thats for sure.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
retro dime   +1y
Thanks for the info and pics Taylor, but I dont plan on body dropping it. Its my daily and I dont want nothing too crazy as far as my suspension/wheel and tire combo goes.

Im just needing info on laying frame on 20s and 22s
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
ahhh, i saw the rendering and figured you were going for a bodydrop.

the 22s out back will probably mean your gonna have to narrow the rear end.

i think with 20s up front, if you just lay frame you wont have to tub... i think.

Taylor
retro dime   +1y
Edited: 5/5/2011 1:45:24 PM by KPconcepts

Might just run 20s or 20/22s then if thats the case. Would cheap stockers/steelies fit in the back without having to narrow the axle first?

If so then I'd probably throw those on it (or if i can sell/trade my off road wheels for 20s), then do a basic bag job, narrow axle, get rims and control arms, then Z it. Think that is a decent game plan/order for someone on a budget?
98dakota20   +1y
ya, thats a pic of my truck on 20s without it zed. and no, i didnt tub the firewall.
retro dime   +1y
--------------------------------------------

98dakota20 said:

ya, thats a pic of my truck on 20s without it zed. and no, i didnt tub the firewall.

--------------------------------------------

Cool it still looks good without the Z to me. Also not having to tub the firewall is a plus and money saver haha
98dakota20   +1y
ya, not a lot of guys z it. i just think it looks better