Page 2 of 2
Old School Minis \  teal madzarosa late 80s ealry 90s

teal madzarosa late 80s ealry 90s

Old School Minis General Discussions
views 1229
replies 19
following 14

hang time mazda   +1y

The one at Pull-A-Part in Charlotte sounds like it's one of the trucks built by Custom Autoworks here in Charlotte, if it is, it is more bondo than anything else.
gimp5561   +1y

that blue and red one was an s-10 i think, damn that was along time ago
slamdtaco   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by lowranger5561that blue and red one was an s-10 i think, damn that was along time ago---------------------------------------------yeah it was an s10, but the only testarossa style mini I remember seeingon another note about pictures, we don't have any pics of my brothers truck from 1989 besides what's in my 720 profile. he eventually had a full viny graphics job done on it and we don't have any pics of it (somehow). it was hot pink. aqua, and chrome and pretty sweet for it's time.
twotonemaz (johnny)   +1y
yea swch it had a ton of bondo in it. how long has that truck been around?
Whiplash   +1y

Hey Jason, Your Bro's truck sounds familiar. I may have seen it. I've got tons of pix from back in the day from Lion Country Safari, Cocoa Beach and others. I'll check to see if I can find any for you. I joined Gulf Breeze in 91 but really started showing a lot in 93 when I bought my Mazda. We even went over to WPB for a Local picnic one time.
Whiplash   +1y

Keep in mind that the wide body kit for the S-10 was different than the ones used for Mazda or Nissan. They had the big fin/vents that covered the entire door.
slamdtaco   +1y

we lived in coral springs (south florida) at the time and he only took it to 1 show. it was in december 1989 up near melbourne/cocoa. it was also before I was in Local. I have 4 pics from the show. they are all of red hot. pics here at bottom of page if it helps you recognize any of the trucks there.  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2545299/3
Whiplash   +1y

I totally recognize the LM trucks. The blue/white/black & plexi S-10 was way ahead of it's time. I miss seeing Big John around and I took more than my fair share of pix of Red hot as well. I remember one year at Slamfest, Local Minis was partying hard in the parking lot. Bob was doing burnouts on his bike and while the smoke was rolling, he was walking the bike around in a circle and back & forth. He then rode out of it and when all the smoke cleared, there was a huge LM in the asphalt! 
hang time mazda   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by lokota69yea swch it had a ton of bondo in it. how long has that truck been around? ---------------------------------------------I can remember it from as far back as the early to mid 90's when they used to have a shop off  Hawthorne and Central just outside of Uptown Charlotte.
Gunman   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by lowranger5561that blue and red one was an s-10 i think, damn that was along time ago--------------------------------------------- Wasn't that owned by "hippie dude"?  I think that's what they called him.