General Discussion \  garage cost?

garage cost?

General Discussion
views 1294
replies 24
following 10

jcampbell1180   +1y

If it were my garage?

2x6x93 minimum and insulate the crap out of it.

Maybe even 8" dimensional.
str8ugly   +1y

this is what they are going for around my area, me doing no work but insulating it
jcampbell1180   +1y
Yeah, steel buildings are an awesome alternative.
huskerdually   +1y
I was going to use the 6000psi mud, but still keep it that thick. Build it for the long haul. I'll have to find all my estimates, maybe it was 1/3 the cost for the concrete. I was going to use 2x8's.

You can go to like Menards and use their little planner thing and it will give you a pretty close estimate of the materials. You can even have a materials sheet printed and then figure with using good lumber from another place.

I'm not a big fan of pole buildings.
jcampbell1180   +1y

What is this planner thing you speak of?
huskerdually   +1y

If you go to Menards(which I assume is a national chain since they sponsor a nascar). It is usually around the lumber/commercial desk. It's just a touch screen computer you can use and it calculates cost on different projects. Garages, decks, landscaping and a few others. You can customize your project quite a bit. Now the price you give it is based on there prices at the time. You can print out the estimate and a rough drawing of it. If you want a materials list you have to go to the lumber desk and have them print it out.
orangelowmazdawg   +1y
I have a 30x50 (pole building) with 12' ceiling (2) 10' doors (1) entry door 4" concrete, fully insulated, turn key job for $15,591.00. it was put up a couple years ago, and now with everything being so high it would cost $30,600.00
bdydrped   +1y
menards is a yankee thing, ive only seen them when i have been up in the northern states.

its all gonna depend on the quality of materials you use. we just repalced all the door in my shop with the insulated kind, and that alone cost nearly 4 k,(6 10', and 2 14')
jcampbell1180   +1y

Exactly.
huskerdually   +1y
I used the menards thing to get a materials list, modified it for what I wanted, and then went to an actual quality lumber store to price it out. I would never use menards lumber for anything but firewood.