Page 7 of 14
Dodge Trucks \  76 D200 Crew Cab Rebuild NEW PICS 2/16/11

76 D200 Crew Cab Rebuild NEW PICS 2/16/11

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 10743
replies 133
following 52

bigmike@gauge   +1y

Now on to the important stuff With the help of some friends we got the engine out cab off and frame stripped.   Got the frame up on the table   Centered , Plumed, Sguared, Mounted, Whatever u want to call it. Its on there cab mounts marked and the exta metal removed and scrapped  Chrysler A body 8.75 Rear axle squared, centerd, & mounted to table.  Im really suprised more guys arent using this axle.  
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bigmike@gauge   +1y

started new frame rails    Pulled it back apart filpped it and finished welded this full section  Trimmed down frame rail to make it a smooth transition before boxing.    Then slid it all back together. Measured measured measured and measured some more. Then started laying some welds : )      And thats where she sits now.....  Ill start soxint in the area on saturday and if all goes swell ill be starting on the rear section first on the month.  Sorry for the delay on updates.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
dmopar74   +1y

ive been watchin on moparts as well, lovin it!
smctoy   +1y

awesome progress!
bigmike@gauge   +1y

Was able to get the rail transistion boxed in on saturday. Its not anything speciail but i will clean it up before it goes off to paint or powder.    
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
bigmike@gauge   +1y

I still in the air on boxing the rest of the front clip and building my own motor mounts. I was able to get a steel list together for the back half so I can get that ready to roll.

idrgbdy   +1y
i'm jealous about the scout! that's gonna be a sweet project too!
bigmike@gauge   +1y

Yea the scout is sitting in the drive waiting on a few title discreptancys to be cleared up before I go putting much more money into it. But tever since the weathers been getting nice around here I have really been pushing for this one to come back to life.
crewcabondubs   +1y

looking good. i wish i wouldve used 3x4 instead of 2x4 tubing on my frame. love the scout
bigmike@gauge   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by crewcabondubslooking good. i wish i wouldve used 3x4 instead of 2x4 tubing on my frame. love the scout ---------------------------------------------Do you pull with yours?  Since I switched it over to 5 lug and didnt plan on any towing I figured id be plenty strong with the 2x4 .25 wall.